Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArnieH Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Alleviate tootache pain
    My wife's may have a toothache--I say "may" because last night she put ice on the tooth and t made it feel better, where one would think if it were due to a cavity, she's go through the roof in pain. Perhaps neuralgia, irritated gums?
    What would you recommend as the best way to relieve the pain--cloves? Anbesol? Aspirins? All of the above?
    Thank you very much for any advice.

"Some pains are physical,
    some mental,
    But there is no pain
    like the pain that is dental"

Ogden Nash
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 09:08 AM

Yes, I do agree,Arnie, about the ice on the tooth. If it was serious she would have gone into space !

It could be many factors, but the best idea is for her to go get it checked out. I recommend anbesol for the toothache. Again, get it checked out because you know, I would rather know where the pain is and if it goes away naturally, so I just bear through it no matter where it is. If it goes away, then I know it wasn't serious and just an anomaly. You may say flawed thinking, but I have a high pain threshold so a lot of pain doesn't really bother me.

I don't fool around with anything in my mouth and still have all my own teeth at 66 and you can put that down to preventative dentistry. Flossing, et.c etc
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 06:30 AM

Seeing as you mentioned the pain only comes at night could mean she is grinding her teeth, therefore the irritation. Our teeth are not cemented into our head, they are meant to float a small amount in order to give play, otherwise they would be breaking off painfully. The teeth moving around when she is grinding her teeth while sleeping, irritates the gums.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Feb 23, 2009, 08:53 AM

She could try origel. Buy it from a pharmacy.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Feb 27, 2009, 08:55 PM

Ohh bad sign, when cold STOPS pain that means the tooth is usually necrotic (dead). Probably time for a root canal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left sided groin pain + dizziness and infrequent chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I started having pain in the left side of my groin yesterday, it's painful to sit, walk, stand and then today I took my mom to church and during church I had dizziness and severe chest pain. I was able to drive us home luckily, I had another episode of the chest pain when we got to her house and...

Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have...

Sleep number bed or Comfortaire to alleviate back pain & insomnia? [ 2 Answers ]

Need an adjustable mattress due to severe back pain and discomfort causing insonmia. I've narrowed it down maybe you can help.

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

View more questions Search