Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldrizzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Controlling two separate switches (for fan) with one remote
    I currently have a celing fan that is controlled from two separate switches on the wall: one for the fan, the other for the lighting. I'd like to be able to use a single remote control to control both. I've found remote control conversion kits, but it's made for a SINGLE switch setup. Is there a product out there? Any other way to do this?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 02:19 PM
    You could wire the fan and the light to the same switch, and abandon the second switch.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2009, 09:34 PM

Perito is right. If you use a remote you will not be able to use both switches.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring 3 switches, each controlling a separate light [ 8 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram to show how to wire 3 switches in the same box, each controlling a different light? Thanks. David

Ceiling fan remote not controlling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan that has operated for some time with a Hampton Bay remote. Now it doesn't and the light on the fan started flashing(blinking). Nothing else works. I replaced the batteries.

Wiring a remote controlled fan to run from dual switches on wall [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a new remote controlled hampton bay mediterranian fan and want to be able to control the fan and lights from wall switches as well. How do I wire it to the switches to run each separately?

Remote dip switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost my remote for a hampton fan. I have a remote for another hampton fan. I am trying to get the remote working with the other fan. I have all 4 dip switches the same for remote and the sensor. They are both Hampton bay products. Unfortunaltly it is not working. Some minor...

How do I correctly wire a new ceiling fan (with a remote) when there are 2 switches? [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an old ceiling fan (that had a light) with a newer version that has a remote to control both the light and fan. The old fan was wired to work on 2 separate switches - one for the light (I'll call it switch #1) and one for the fan (switch #2). There is a third switch in the...

View more questions Search