Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deevee18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Caught shoplifiting Nova Scotia
    Hello, I was recently caught shoplifting from a grocery store in Nova Scotia and I was caught stealing less than $90 worth of merchandise. Prior to this, I had been arrested for a break and enter and theft x3 which was 2 years previous to this. I was given the ability to be put in the Adult Diversion program for this and completed all the steps for me to get out without criminal charges. I am very worried that shoplifting from this store which will be my second offense will leave me in jail and restrict me from travelling for the next time frame of my life. Is there anything I can do to get out without receiving criminal charges? Is there any recommendations that anyone can offer for me to help alleviate this situation? My court date is in a month and I have not gotten in contact with a lawyer as of yet. PLEASE, I NEED ADVICE!

Regards,

Dave
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deevee18 View Post
    My court date is in a month and I have not gotten in contact with a lawyer as of yet.
    Hello Dave:

My advice is to do what you have not done as of yet. HIRE A LAWYER.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights in the sky last year Nova Scotia Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Well since I did not know the forum had a paranormal phenomena section last year I will post this today.. It was around midnight on a clear cool summer day My boyfriend and I were watching movies with his cousin. Our last movie had just finished so we decided to go outside and have a cigarette...

SEEKING, answers! Shoplifiting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, a friend and I were caught shoplifting. It was the stupidest thing I have done. Since it was our first time they said no charges but I got a bill of $500 and all that I stole was worth $17. If I do not pay this by April 13 the amount will be $900. I am a teen and I Was just wondering would they...

Statue of limitation in Nova Scotia [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old credit card debt from 1998-1999. In 2005 a collection agency contacted me by letter wanting to collect. At that time I sought professional help from a debt relief company. I was told not to worry about it because the statue was about to run out. Recently I have been contacted...

Statue of limitations in nova scotia [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the statue of limitations of credit card debt in Nova Scotia and where I can call or find this proof.I was told there was no such thing but I know this is not true.

View more questions Search