Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hurricane_gia Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Fantasy Novel, modern people sucked into fantasy land
    I'm trying to remember the title of a book I read once that involved modern people being magically transported to a fantasy land.

It starts with a male Truck driver picking up a female hitch-hiker. They both have terrible personal lives and not much to live for. While they are driving down the road, the truck is suddenly transported to an alternate dimension. They learn that a wizard brought there on purpose because he needs some heroes to go on a quest. He uses magic to transform the truckdriver into a barbarian hero and the hitch-hiker becomes a sorceress.. .

Anyone know this book?
    hurricane_gia Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2008, 11:04 PM

I figured it out. It's "River of the Dancing Gods" by Jack Chalker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any good fantasy movies? [ 15 Answers ]

This is a very general question I know, but I'm looking for suggestions for good fantasy/mystical/mythical movies along the lines of Neverending Story, Midsummer Night's Dream, Legend, Chronicles of Narnia, etc. but without a whole lot of demons. Some movies that are more family oriented but not...

HBO fantasy film from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'd love to know the name of this film: I used to watch it as a kid, so it would have been in the mid- or late- 80's. I don't know if it was a made-for-HBO movie, or just one of the films they'd show over and over again, but it seemed to be set in medieval times -- there was a labyrnthian,...

Anybody know this action/fantasy movie? [ 1 Answers ]

I think this movie was released around 1997... ish. I can't be certain. Anyway, it became quite popular and they made a bunch of actionfigures of the strange warrior characters in the movie. Description of movie: All I could remember was at the beginning of the movie was a boy who just wanted...

Final fantasy 8 and final fantasy x on ps2 [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone played these two games as I was wondering if they are worth buying

View more questions Search