Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 05:00 PM

You know what you need to do... so do it. DO NOT contact her. She can call you if she wants. Carry on and do not make a monumental mistake here. It ain't worth it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 10, 2009, 05:04 PM

Thanks guys... I'm actually with my cousin and is holding onto my cellphone and keeping an eye on me from unblocking her email.

I also deleted the text message right away. I don't want to fall into the trap.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Thanks guys... I'm actually with my cousin and is holding onto my cellphone and keeping an eye on me from unblocking her email.

I also deleted the text message right away. I don't want to fall into the trap.
    Can I ask you why you just blocked her and didn't delete her?! =P DELETE HER BRO and you won't ever be tempted to unblock her!! And is your cousin always going to be there to hold onto your cell, you won't ever use your cell anymore because of her? O_O
    Family & People Expert

May 11, 2009, 03:41 PM

I think I got it under control now.

I blocked and deleted her from IM, email and Facebook. But I memorized her email, so I can add it back anytime. But it's cool now, my friend knocked some sense into me last night.

Thanks None, like you said, this is my chance to really get over her.
    Lonelyandbroken Posts: 118, Reputation: 15

May 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    I think I got it under control now.

I blocked and deleted her from IM, email and Facebook. But I memorized her email, so I can add it back anytime. But it's cool now, my friend knocked some sense into me last night.

Thanks None, like you said, this is my chance to really get over her.
    Good move deleting her I wish. I know how hard it is.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 11, 2009, 04:32 PM

Don't worry about getting over her. You're taking the right measures to forget about this whole mess.
    Family & People Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 10:24 AM

Update:

I've been done with my recovery for a few weeks now. All my feelings for this person are gone. So I wanted to mention that NO CONTACT in my case was a true SUCCESS. Hopefully my story will give others encouragement. Here are a few things that I learnt:

1) The advice that we receive in this forum can be very helpful. Allows us to view things in another perspective.

2) No contact actually does work. Once our feelings for that person are drained out of our system, we feel extremely refreshed and like a new person.

3) Reconciliation is always in our minds at the beginning of no contact, but at the end of no contact, reconciliation is long forgotten and not even considered anymore.

4) For those who want to become friends again. Take it from me, I don't even want to attempt a friendship. It is a waste of time and there 6 billion other people in this world. No point putting myself through all that drama again.

5) Finally, this is a bittersweet one though, but at the end of no contact, we get a better idea of who your true friends are. The ones who were willing to stand by us, as oppose to the ones who turn away.

Thanks again for all your helpful suggestions!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 11:05 AM

Thanks again for all your helpful suggestions!
    A success story, I love it, thank you for being a good listener, and giving some very good advice yourself.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 06:33 AM

I'm really glad that all the advice given to you I wish was Helpful and that your story is a success :)

Good for you ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

This girl I like has a Boyfriend. [ 5 Answers ]

I really like this girl who's my workmate. She has a boyfriend for 4 months now but I know her before her boyfriend does. I only know her by her name by just only last year. But now that she's new at work and I see her again we actually get to know each other better and got a lot closer, Mutual...

I'm a girl, I kissed a girl, I didn't like it. Should I tell my boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are 19.. he's not a partier but sometimes I can be. I used to party and drink every other weekend before we started going out but I stopped when I started dating him because he didn't really like it unless he was around. Plus he doesn't want me doing anything that's bad for me...

This girl I like has a boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I was jogging the other day and ran into an attractive girl. We stopped and said hi and both complimented each other. It turns out she lives right down the street. She gave me her # and said she wanted to work out with me. She came over twice so far and all we did was talk and work out...

I like this girl but she has a boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm jason, I'm a junior in high school. I really like this girl and I think she likes me too We text a lot and I get her out of class at least once a week and we just walk around school and talk. My brother has a class with her and she talks about me with him. I don't know where...

I like a girl that has a boyfriend [ 13 Answers ]

OK so there is this girl I really like but she has a boyfriend her and her boyfriend have been together quite a while I have told this girl that I like her but she said that we could just be friends so if I did ask her out she would say no and her boyfriend would get pretty angry should I ask this...

View more questions Search