Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k9keepr Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Can they take retired military pay?
    My husband has a credit card in his name only. Due to the fact he has been unemployed for almost 1 1/2 yrs we are not able to pay on it right now. Can they take his military retirement pay OR his unemployment ? We tried to make arrangements with Chase but they say we aren't offering them enough so they won't do anything to help us with it.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 20, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Unemployment insurance is administered by the states. So the answer may vary. In Virginia unemployment compensation can not be garnished in most circumstances.

To my knowledge there is no exemption for military retirement pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retired military [ 2 Answers ]

My husband receives retired military pay. He will soon qualify for Social Security. Will we lose all or any of his military pay or social security to offset the other pay?

Retired Military Pay [ 2 Answers ]

What is the time frame (in years) for filing an appeal in order to attach retired military pay that is due an ex-spouse?

Widows benefits for retired military personnel [ 1 Answers ]

Have 54 yr old widow girl friend. Would she be to draw ssi at age 60 as a result of retired spouse died 10 years ago or would she be eligible now to apply and draw?

Already Retired. [ 1 Answers ]

What catch-up general advice would you give someone (moneywise),who is retired, if that person missed the boat on investing, and , or attaining an IRA... but he is getting a pension ?

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search