Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HighandDryinnNy Posts: 84, Reputation: 17

Feb 20, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Life size Marylin Monroe cake?
    I can't help but laugh when I read the title, so hopefully you are laughing too. I am planning a very special birthday party for someone, this is happening in June. Well through the grapevine, it has come to my attention that this person would be thrilled with a life size Marylin Monroe birthday cake, the image being her famous air vent photo. How likely is this to be made? Can it even be done? I know they don't expect this, but I think it would be a fun and memorable thing to do for his party. My question is where could I have this made? Could I make it myself, and geez the kicker, how much would this cost me if I had it done? I know that I could call around and get estimates, but id like to get some opinions on this first. Any opinion or idea is appreciated!:p
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:59 PM

I don't know if her image is public domain - that's the first thing to find out.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 01:22 PM

I had a specialty cake made for me by a friend and I found out later it was over $ 100.00 It was nothing as elaborate as what you suggest.

A theme party where everyone dresses like Marylin would be a lot cheaper.

I would guess anywhere in the range of 400 to 500.Easily.
    suzcav Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 11:26 AM

Maybe you should contact Charm City Cakes in Baltimore for advise. They have a show on Food Network called Ace of Cakes. They do amazing cakes!!
    HighandDryinnNy Posts: 84, Reputation: 17

Feb 26, 2009, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the answers, and YYYikes I found out the cost for my little scheme and I know that the money could be used for other things! Maybe I could just dress up like Marylin and cover myself in frosting, it would be wayyy cheaper and a heck of a lot funnier. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monroe peircing [ 4 Answers ]

I've been thinking about getting a monroe. Does anyone have one? If so please let me know the pros and cons. If it got infected? How long did it take to heal? How big is the hole when you take the stud out?

A book from the 70's about a girl with a life size doll [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a book that I read when I was in 4th grade back in the 70's. It is about a girl who wore glasses and loved to read. She was very shy and I believe she lived in a mansion or was adopted. Somehow I seemed to remember her having or finding a life size doll... it seemed to be a...

What size pieces of cake will make 70 serves [ 5 Answers ]

I know someone on here can help me with this. I am not in school but work at a school cafeteria and I have a problem that needs solved so here I go... I use a 24x16 in. cake pan... I need to be able to get at least 70 servings out of this cake I just baked. Now my question is this... I use to cut...

My monroe closed up :( [ 10 Answers ]

I had it in for over a month and the ball came off last night. I couldn't put a new one in until today. Now its closed. What should I do?

The monroe doctrine [ 2 Answers ]

What is the message to latin america from the monroe doctrine?

View more questions Search