Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Feb 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Going on 6 months NC
    I moved to a different city too. My life is fulfilling, I'm not upset anymore or angry. I've relaxed quite a bit and I feel like my old self. I still miss the ex though. Not in a codependent way. Not in some fantasy romance way. I just miss the girl. I'm not even saying I need a reconciliation. Pride won't let me contact her. I'm in a position emotionally to meet someone new but I am very picky and although I have met a lot of great women, I'm just not feeling the right kind of chemistry and I'm not going to waste their time or mine. Any words of wisdom out there? I've been feeling really nostalgic today.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:16 PM

Here are my words of wisdom:

NEVER SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN YOUR GENUINE HAPPINESS...

Don't do things for the sake of doing them, do things that truly make you happy.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:29 PM

You're doing great, keep up the good work and when you least expect it, something will come up
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:34 PM

Wonderful to hear. It's refreshing how the process works and kicks us back onto our feet, if we don't regress.

You deserve a relationship that makes you happy, don't be afraid to look or wait for it, it will come around.

Good luck and God bless.
    UnluckyDucky Posts: 210, Reputation: 110

Feb 20, 2009, 12:51 PM
    I'm in a position emotionally to meet someone new but I am very picky and although I have met a lot of great women, I'm just not feeling the right kind of chemistry and I'm not going to waste their time or mine. Any words of wisdom out there?
    The best way is to build your networking skills and meet as many people as you can. If you can find a special interest group or club where you can meet people who share some starting commonalities, that's all the better. Just keep doing the things that you enjoy and love and try expanding your horizons to other hobbies or interests that appeal to you - you never know, the love of your life may just be around the corner.

You can also try the whole internet dating thing if that interests you. I know plenty of friends who have met and married their spouses through those sites.

Most importantly though, being emotionally ready is key - and it sounds like you're there. Glad to hear about your progress, and good luck! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 08:47 AM

I kissed a lot of frogs before I found my queen, so pucker up!
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Feb 23, 2009, 09:50 AM

Be careful that you aren't comparing some of these women against your ex. If you think that might be the case, go out with them a second time to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

7 months on F1; 2 months on OPT; 3 months on H1B - what tax form should I Use? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 1. I am Indian Citizen 2. I am single 3. I was in school from July 2005 to May 2007. I graduated from school in May 2007. 4. I started working from August 13, 2007. a) First on, OPT until September 30, 2007 b) then on H1B visa from October 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007 (Still working)...

Its Been 3 months [ 6 Answers ]

Its been 3 months sense my ex broke up with me. Her and I where together for 3 years and 3 months and engaged at one point in those 3 years. She seems like she moved on and has done things with another guy but still from time t otime our passion gets the best of us. I still Love her with all my...

Bleeding 3 months straight after depo shot 4 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

The birth control shot I got was supposed to be good for 3 months. I got it 4 months ago, so I realize it should have worn off by now. Everything was fine for the 1st month, but for the past 3 MONTHS, I my vagina has continually been bleeding. After it had been doing this for 3 weeks I called to...

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

View more questions Search