Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChemMajor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Wife used me to come into america
    My wife, now Xwife, was from Russia and fraudently married me to get green card. She filed false assault and battery charges on me, I was thrown in jail, guns taken away, and put on a 7 day emergency protective order. Lawyer said to pleade no contest because the judge finds 99.9% of all men guilty for these types of charges. I pleaded non contest and did 10 months of anger management then case was dismissed. When I came home all her stuff was gone and she disappeared. I found out later she moved in with some family in another state. She filed some INS petition I65 I think for green card with the pretense she had been assault and battered. What can I do? Are all Russian women like this?
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Feb 20, 2009, 11:34 AM

I know of a similar story with my best friends dad. He married a russian girl "a mail order bride" that he hardly knew because she was beautiful and all the communications they had before marriage were perfect. I'm not sure about all the details but she claimed to be abused by him, (even hit herself to make it look more real) and got out of the marriage with the green card and is now currently married to another wealthier man. Look on the internet there are hundreds of stories about this exact thing happening to men all over America.

I don't know your exact circumstance but really there is nothing you can do but let her go. Just look at this like a really really bad mistake.

Yes most mail order brides from Russia are like this.

This is my opinion about your situation and I'm assuming she was a "mail order bride" If I'm wrong let me know.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 20, 2009, 12:00 PM

I can't speak about all Russian women immigrating based on marriage, but if you believe you were defrauded, document what happened and notify the USCIS. They have the authority to investigate and your letter will reach her file.

Not to be critical of the attorneys advise, but to recommend pleading no contest and agreeing to the terms of probation... when you did nothing wrong? I'd have wanted my day in court.

Sorry to hear about your situation, good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife is on L2 Visa and I want to apply SSN for my wife and son. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to apply for SSN for my wife and Son (2years old). I'm on L1 and my wife on L2. Am I eligible to apply SSN for my wife and Kid? IF so what acceptable reason I need to give for applying SSN? I need to get the benefit of stimulas package where as my wife is not going to work here. But I need...

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

Colonies in america [ 15 Answers ]

Why are there no colonies founded in america between 1634 and 1670?

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search