Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilgotti56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 11:24 AM
    I pay child support and will like to know my options on visitation?
    Hi Everyone
    I am new to the forum and will accept any legal advice that is given in good faith. Here is a little back ground. I am a noncustodial parent (male) I have resonable visitation rights( can someone explian that to me?). I currently live 50 miles away from my child, and I don't have a car, but the mother does have a car. Can I compel the court to allow for her to meet me half way so that the visitation order can be full-filled?

Also, part of my childsupport pays for back childsupport. The reason I owe back childsupport was that I was unsure the child was mines, but I still provided for the child, but when she took me to child support out of malice, which was the case because I was getting married to someone else she had a problem with. I guess I did the immature of not paying until the child support case was done. I ended up paying less for child support then what I was given her, but she new I was going to have to pay back childsupport, because the legal system works very slow. She saw it as a huge child coming to her. So I ended owing 2,100 in back child support and since in the state of Illinios if you owe more than 500 they put your name in the tax intercept database. I currently was expecting a refund of 2042 but the intercepted it. I would like to know if that amount will be posted to my account balance or since I have an agreement for partial payments built into my childsupport amount ever pay period will they release check to me or keep it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgotti56 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I am new to the forum and will accept any legal advice that is given in good faith. Here is a little back ground. I am a noncustodial parent (male) I have resonable visitation rights( can someone explian that to me?). I currently live 50 miles away from my child, and I don't have a car, but the mother does have a car. Can I compel the court to allow for her to meet me half way so that the visitation order can be full-filled?

Also, part of my childsupport pays for back childsupport. The reason I owe back childsupport was that I was unsure the child was mines, but I still provided for the child, but when she took me to child support out of malice, which was the case because I was getting married to someone else she had a problem with. I guess I did the immature of not paying until the child support case was done. I ended up paying less for child support then what I was given her, but she new I was going to have to pay back childsupport, because the legal system works very slow. She saw it as a huge child coming to her. So I ended owing 2,100 in back child support and since in the state of Illinios if you owe more than 500 they put your name in the tax intercept database. I currently was expecting a refund of 2042 but the intercepted it. I would like to know if that amount will be posted to my account balance or since I have an agreement for partial payments built into my childsupport amount ever pay period will they release check to me or keep it?

Well, you asked for advice and so here goes. The only way to compel her to meet you half way is to get the Court Order changed. I've seen Courts approve; I've seen Courts deny. Hard to say.

My educated guess is that the whole refund check will be applied to your back child support.

I don't know what you don't understand about reasonable visitation rights - what is your question - and what you mean by "good faith" advice.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 10:51 AM

Also I would like to ask. Who moved away from whom ? That may also lay the grounds for what you seek. Relief may be asked for if she was the one that moved but if you're the one that moved away the courts may have little sympathy for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 12:19 PM

Yes, who moved away from who, or did both move and if so who moved first.

If she moved away from where you and her lived, most likely you can ask for her to meet you 1/2 way, if you moved away, most likely you will have to do all the transportaton.

Reasonable visits is nothing but BS wording and the custody agreement should have listed a min visit if reasonable could not be worked out.

So you go back to court, get set days, set weekends and so on.
    After that you ask for transportation help. But only by going thogh the court can you get anything changed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation/child support [ 5 Answers ]

My ex has not seen our 5 year old son in the past 2 years nor has he paid child support, Now all of a sudden he wants to see our son. What are my parental rights? We both have restraining orders on each other so everything has to go through my mom. I don't mind him seeing our son but its been 2...

Child support/visitation [ 3 Answers ]

I have a family member who has recently been to court for child support and at the time the mother was not working. He got stuck with 70% the support for the child since the was not working. Now that she is working can the support be adjusted. In TN support is figured using the income of both...

Child Support/Visitation [ 5 Answers ]

I currently reside in Massachusetts and my daughters father resides in Brooklyn New York. I am considering taking him to court to have child support ordered. I know once I do this this will make him very angry and to spite me he will file a motion for visitation. Is there something I can do...

Does ex have to pay child support when he has them for visitation [ 4 Answers ]

My ex pays me a laughable amount of child support (for the state of California) which is my fault to agreeing to it to get things rolling on the divorce... ANYWAY, he says that when he has the kids that month he either is not required to pay the support or if the days he has them does not total a...

View more questions Search