Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathmennie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Snakes/reptiles and pepper/mace spray
    What is the interaction between snakes and pepper spray? Does the spray have the same effect as on humans? Can it be used in a dangerous situation e.g. cornered venomous snake?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 10:36 AM

Yes, pepper spray will work on most snakes... but if you have a venomous snake cornered, it's best to back off rather than further irritate it.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 01:52 PM

Right. Don't corner venomous snakes.

Why do you want to corner and pepper spray a snake?
    What kind of snake are you after?
    Are you trying to catch it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snakes [ 2 Answers ]

:o I have always wondered when snakes in my area come out of hybernation. I have many leaves to clean up & have been scared by lizards & snakes enough! I live in Bangor, Pa. Can someone answer my question? Thank you for your time with this request! Wendy ;D ;D ;D ;D

Too much pepper [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anything to be done when your sauce is too hot. Too much black pepper.:eek:

Reptiles/ salmonella and baby's true story [ 2 Answers ]

OK this is not a question but this is information, This is a true story and the link is for a video on YouTube, this is the story of a little boy called elijah who was just 5 days old and had been out of the hospital for only 1 day before he got severely ill , this is a heart breaking story but...

Snakes [ 4 Answers ]

What type of snakes would you find in the Jungles in South America? Which ones wrap themselves around and suffocate their prey?

Snakes [ 5 Answers ]

We live on 10 acres and are currently living in a camper trailer while we renovate our home. We have garter snakes and I am terrified of them, so much so that I won't leave the camper during the day unless absolutely necessary. (I know that they are harmless and eat mice etc. etc. but suppose...

View more questions Search