Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephenbk2006 Posts: 15, Reputation: -2
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 09:36 AM
    I need a Drivers License
    I am in need of a drivers license. In June of 2006 I was arrested in W.Va.(USA) and bonded out, I then jumped bond and hualed out of the state. I have not returned since, nor have I showed up for a single court date, not even my prelim. I now live in Alabama and I have tried to get a DL, but this state will not grant me one until I take of the warrant in W.Va. W.Va. Is not willing to extradicte me from here, I know because I was arrested for selling alcohol to a minor. I spent 13days in jail waiting to be extradicted back to W.Va. only to be told they were not willing to come get me. My question is, is there any other state in the U.S.of A that will grant me a DL with an existing warrant in another state?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 10:13 AM

In one word - no.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 11:22 AM

No. Not until you clear up your outstanding warrants. Warrants do not expire either. You'll have to take care of them by going back to West Virginia. Just because they won't extradite you means you'll have to voluntarily go back at your expense and face your consequences.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the license... you aren't going to need it for a while. Hop on a bus and head back home... this WILL haunt you forever.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:56 PM

I don't know what other answer you want from me. The answer is no. There are no loopholes.

There is no yes or maybe here.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:57 PM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    Stephenbk2006 agrees: True, but when did the Limitations of Experations retire?.[/QUOTE]

There IS no Statute on warrants - they live forever.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2009, 01:16 PM

In our age of computerization, all states have set up reciprocal arrangements to prevent such things.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 01:48 PM

Basically what scott was saying is that all state DMVs know what any of them do. If you got a speeding ticket in CA, the DMV in FL knows about it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 02:32 PM

Stephen - You obviously came here wanting to get a "magic" answer to your question - and that's not going to happen, sorry. We don't give out magic loophole answers where there is no magic answer available.
    LadyLuck_73008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Actually as far as I know there is not another state that will grant you license with that on your record. The best option you have is to have a family member or friend pay for a bus ticket back and just settle your problems sorry if you don't like that answer, but things like these never go away :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 02:39 PM

Hello Stephen:

It might be possible to hire an attorney in W. Va. Who can take care of it without your presence. If all they want is MONEY, and your lawyer shows up with some, it MIGHT get handled that way.

Or not.

excon
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 02:49 PM

Thank you all for responding I have came to same conclusion as well, but thought that there may be some other way without having to go through all that BS, I am however working on getting a governors pardon and hiring a lawyer if that doesn't work
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 02:52 PM

Your original question aside, I'd like to know why you're having so much trouble with this. Maybe your state laws are different than mine, but my husband's ex-wife did the same thing back in 2006. No arrest, no bond... she paid a $531.00 fine and that was it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenbk2006 View Post
    Thank you all for responding I have came to same conclusion as well, but thought that there may be some other way without having to go through all that BS, I am however working on getting a governors pardon and hiring a lawyer if that doesn't work
    Hire a lawyer. You aren't going to get a governer's pardon... particularly since you haven't been convicted of anything yet.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 02:55 PM

How to Apply for a Governor's Pardon | eHow.com

As stevetcg said and point #2 on the above website states, you can't get pardoned if you're waiting for a hearing.
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 03:04 PM

The charge is a Felony FTA and my family believes that something can be done without me going back, I am trying as well to get my charge dropped, with a fine and to be banded from the state indefinetly
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenbk2006 View Post
    The charge is a Felony FTA and my family believes that something can be done without me going back, I am trying as well to get my charge dropped, with a fine and to be banded from the state indefinetly
    Um... yeah - that's not how the law works. You cannot be banned from a state. You will most likely get a fine, but that is not having the charge dropped, that is having it plead out.

Seriously... get a lawyer and stop listening to friends and family.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    Hire a lawyer. You arent going to get a governer's pardon... particularly since you havent been convicted of anything yet.

I'd like to know specifically what OP is doing to get the Governor's pardon.
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 03:22 PM

Well I am not going back-- ever, I am facing a 3 strikes law, with the min. a life sentence and the max. a life without and all that for a nonviolent crime. So if what all you are saying is true, then I am better off just placing my .45 to my head and pull the trigger.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:25 PM

Hello again, S:

If you're such a bad guy, why didn't they come to get you when they could?

I don't think THEY think you're such a bad guy, or they would have come. If you don't take care of if, you'll be put in jail again like you were last time, only to find out they don't still want you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Drivers license [ 4 Answers ]

I recently cleared my driving record here in az. but I'm still suspended in ill. az won't give me a license till ill. Suspension is up. Is there any state that I could go to that would not find that suspension in ill. And issue me a license. The suspension in ill. Is for driving w/revoked, so I'm...

Drivers license! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and I'd like to know if ilegal aliens are allowed to apply for a drivers license? Thank you, Philly

Drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

When was the first drivers license in Pa. issued, and when did they start charging for them.

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search