Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenbk2006 View Post
    The charge is a Felony FTA and my family believes that something can be done without me going back, I am trying as well to get my charge dropped, with a fine and to be banded from the state indefinetly
    The charge is now a felony FTA because you skipped on the first charge, which was selling alcohol to minors. I cannot find any supporting documentation that states it's a felony to sell alcohol to minors; all I can find is citations being issued, nobody gets arrested.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Well I am not going back-- ever, I am facing a 3 strikes law, with the min. a life sentence and the max. a life without and all that for a nonviolent crime. So if what all ya'll are saying is true, then I am better off just placing my .45 to my head and pull the trigger.
    After reading this, I'm seriously beginning to think this is a troll. First it started as he skipped out on court, then it turns into him being a felon on the run, now he's threatenin suicide?

A life sentence? Give me a break.
    Stephenbk2006 Posts: 15, Reputation: -2
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 03:33 PM

My charge of a Felony FTA is not for sale of alcohol to a minor its for B&E, Petty Larceny, and for Failure To Appear in court in W.Va.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:34 PM

Okie doke... now we know. You screwed yourself over royally by breaking the law, then ignoring the courtdates that were scheduled for you.

Get your story straight the next time.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    You cannot be banned from a state.
    Uh, you probably don't know what you're talking about because I'm about a bajillion percent sure I saw this on an episode of Perry Mason... so there. ;)
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Here's a little brief rundown of my Dramatization
    1994: 3 counts of B&E, 6 counts of Grand Larceny and 2 counts of Grand Theft Auto
    Sentence: 6 months in a first offenders program
    1996: Violation of Probation, 1 count of illegal firearms possession
    Sentence: 5 years in Federal Prison
    2001: 1 count of B&E, violation of Federal Probation
    Sentence: 4 years in state prison, 1 year in Federal Prison
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:44 PM

6 months for 3 counts of B&E, 6 counts of larceny and 2 counts of GTA? Oh my dear lord... now I've heard it all.
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 03:49 PM

Yes that's right all those counts were ran concurrently with each other, why you say it can't be done?
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:50 PM

Because you're a habitual offender. If that's the honest to God truth, that prosecuting attorney should be shot.
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 03:58 PM

You haven't heard about the restitution I am still paying on: $152,017.23 this is going to take the rest of my life to pay off.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 04:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenbk2006
    You haven't heard about the restitution I am still paying on: $152,017.23 this is going to take the rest of my life to pay off.
    Ohhh, my... I can't do this anymore :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2009, 04:13 PM

This is a weird one. I'm also starting to think troll, but the level of detail gives me pause. I have trouble believing that WV would not want to send someone to AL to pick up a 3 timer, especially with this record.

There is also another issue. The OP posted another thread (which I removed for its racist overtones), in which he claimed to have called the police because a store wouldn't give him a refund on a cell phone. Can anyone imagine such an habitual criminal calling the police?
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 04:14 PM

No, but I can imagine someone with nothing better to do sitting around, making up stories and then posting them on an advice website.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 04:16 PM

You know, I've always wanted to be First Assistant to the Easter Bunny. When you're through working on this improbable situation, could you help me with the Easter Bunny thing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 04:18 PM

And that is when most likely you can get a new one, No there is no state that will issue you one,
    And anytime you are stopped by the police the warrant will show up and you can get held again pending them to decide again if they will. You can be stopped and held pending a decission dozens of times.

But then on the other hand, they can't hold you for more than 1 hour to decide. After that if they decide to keep you the other state is suppose to come after you.
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 04:18 PM

Look I am not perfect, I have totally learned from my mistakes, and I have been living in Alabama for 3 years, with no major trouble aside from a few minor traffic tickets, and that sale of alcohol incedent( by the way it was a sting operation by the local and state police force). I just want to live my life peacefully and quietly, I was just trying to reach out for some info on my current predictament, no matter how bad it is, I am not going to resort to crime ever again whatever the reason.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Here's a little brief rundown of my Dramatization
    1994: 3 counts of B&E, 6 counts of Grand Larceny and 2 counts of Grand Theft Auto
    Sentence: 6 months in a first offenders program
    1996: Violation of Probation, 1 count of illegal firearms possession
    Sentence: 5 years in Federal Prison
    2001: 1 count of B&E, violation of Federal Probation
    Sentence: 4 years in state prison, 1 year in Federal Prison

Let's see - you were born in the year of the Tiger. How old are you?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Look I am not perfect, I have totally learned from my mistakes, and I have been living in Alabama for 3 years, with no major trouble aside from a few minor traffic tickets, and that sale of alcohol incedent( by the way it was a sting operation by the local and state police force). I just want to live my life peacefully and quietly, I was just trying to reach out for some info on my current predictament, no matter how bad it is, I am not going to resort to crime ever again whatever the reason.
    Except you haven't paid your debt for your previous crimes yet, so you don't get to just start over and be good from now on.

EVERYONE facing a long jail term wants a do over and just be good from now on. No one in prison is there planning on getting out and returning to a life of crime. Of course many of them do, but when asked, no one WANTS to go back to being a scumbag.

Pay your debt to society and THEN talk about being an upstanding citizen.

With a drivers license.
    Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 04:26 PM

If you don't have a drivers license how did any traffic stop end up in just a "minor" traffic ticket, it would have been driving without a license, and not a minor issue.

But yes, you will be on the "run" and have trouble getting a good job, renting a good apartment because of a criminal record
    Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 04:32 PM

From the year of the tiger being
    1999 and 1987 would be my guess

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Drivers license [ 4 Answers ]

I recently cleared my driving record here in az. but I'm still suspended in ill. az won't give me a license till ill. Suspension is up. Is there any state that I could go to that would not find that suspension in ill. And issue me a license. The suspension in ill. Is for driving w/revoked, so I'm...

Drivers license! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and I'd like to know if ilegal aliens are allowed to apply for a drivers license? Thank you, Philly

Drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

When was the first drivers license in Pa. issued, and when did they start charging for them.

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search