Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qwerty12 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 09:35 AM
    Washing machine making noise, not aggitate or spin.
    Kenmore washer fills with water and drains. Then will not spin- makes vibrating noise like trying to start. Water flow is good so I stopped water from going in washer. Hold up lid and hold down lid switch and get noise. No aggitate and no spin. Is it a bad relay, switch, or ?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 09:55 PM

qwerty12 - CHECK the following these may be the reason if I am reading your post right;; #1- IF motor runs ,but will not agitate, and vibrates and has a lot of noise :: #2- DRIVE BELT SLIPPING :: LOOSE::BROKEN:: #2A- TIGHTEN BELT <SHOULD HAVE NO MORE THEN 3/4 inch defelction from stright;; #3- PULLEY ON MOTOR SHAFT LOOSE:: #3A TIGHTEN THE PULLY OR REPLACE:: #4- the agitator soleind is defective ; if yours have them , there is two, one for agitate and one for spin ,NOTE- IF one is bad ,it is recommended that both be replaced at the same time;; they are located right under the tub;; #4A- TO TEST THEM ::YOU WILL NEED( A VOLT-OHM) METER :: TO TEST -SET THE METER TO THE RX100 scale- REMOVE ONE WIRE FROM THE FIRST ONE <CLIP A METER PROBE TO EACH ONE OF THE WIRE TERMINALS: IF THE METER READS 250 TO 1000 OHMS <THE SPLENIODIS GOOD <(IF IT READS HIGHER THEN THE SOLENIOD IS DEFECTIVE ):REPLACE THEM:: TEST THE OTHER SOLENIOD THE SAME WAY:: RE HOOK UP WIRES YOU TOOK LOOSE AND PLUG THE POWER CORD BACK IN ;; I hope this has helped you, if not holler back on this post and give the details of just what it is doing ;; have a good day and good luck;;F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine makes grinding noise when washing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa washing machine - about 5 years old. It makes a grinding noise when washing. Spin cycle is still quiet. Any suggestions about what to check?

Refrigerator making noise when washing machine fills [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know why my refrigerator (with ice and water dispenser) would make a jarring noise, which sounds like it is in the pipes, when the washing machine fills with water? Thanks so much!

Washing Machine won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Washing machin 80 series and it won't spin. When I put it on spin it just makes a humming sound. Does this machine have a belt or could it be my transmission

Washing Machine Noise During Spin Cycle [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Maytage Neptune MAH4000 washing machine. Lately, the spin cycle has been getting more noisy until now when it sounds like an airplane ready to taxi down the runway. I opened the back of the washer to observe and noticed a lot of vibration and large sway of the tub during spin. ...

Washing Machine won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have an admiral top loading washing machine. It will not currently run the spin cycle - the motor comes on, but does not turn the drum. The agitator will turn when washing, but the drum does not move. It is draining fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

View more questions Search