Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kadejahtj123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 02:00 AM
    Frozen assets
    I wanted to know how do I go about getting a freeze lifted from my fiancés account due to a child support order that doesn't exist. The court has no child support order on record. He's incarcerated and I am his power of Attorney, can you point me in the right direction.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 07:31 AM

Ask the bank for a copy of whatever documentation it may have authorizing the freeze. You need facts, at this point.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2009, 08:00 AM

If a freeze was issued, the bank needed to receive a order to do so. This order will state the agency that instituted the freeze and it should also state the docket number of the child support order it was based on.

This will give you the info you need to go back to the agency and/or court to determine whether such an order exists or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen or seized assets in Joint ownership [ 2 Answers ]

If an asset is in 2 names can a Court judgment against only one of the owners allow the asset to be frozen or taken? Thank you

Is patents ( Intangible assets) added in total assets on balance sheet [ 2 Answers ]

Is the patents (Intangible assest)amount added to the current assets amount on a balance sheet. Help Thanks

Assets [ 2 Answers ]

Hi what lists the firm's assets as well as claims against those assets?

Assets [ 1 Answers ]

Is it correct to credit your asset cost account and debit your asset depreciation account on the balance when an asset is fully depreciated but still in use.

Assets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a savings and checking account in a bank. I have both in trust accounts, in case I die the money would go to my children. I am 68 yrs old. I have some stocks, and annuities. How can I protect the (Mostly) the SAVINGS account, so it cannot be attached by a lien, or lawsuit.

View more questions Search