Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Have you taken up your cross and followed Him?
    Today's Gospel lesson
    Mark 8: 34. And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
    35. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.
    36. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life?
    37. For what can a man give in return for his life?
    38. For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
    Mark 9: 1. AND HE said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power."
    :confused:Who was alive when the kingdom of God came way back then?:confused:
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 11:02 PM

Shouldn't the question be what did Jesus mean by "the kingdom of God"? And when did it come with power?
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Wondergirl,
    No, I asked the question as I wanted to for I wanted an answer to that.
    But your question is a good one also.
    Answer that.
    Thanks
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Feb 20, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Mark 8;34, Jesus said " If people want to follow me they must give up the things they want.( carnal stuff) They must be willing even to give up their lives to follow me.
    v35, Those you want to save their lives will give up true life. But those who give up their lives for me and for the Good News will have true life , v36, It is worth nothing for them to have the whole world if they lose their soul.v37, They could never pay enough to buy back their souls. v38, The people who live now are living in a sinful evil time. If people are ashamed of me and my teaching, Son of man will be ashamed of them when he comes with his Fathers glory and with the holy angels"

Mark 9:1, Jesus said " I tell you the truth, some people standing here will see the Kingdom of God come with power before they die. "

I believe the Lord is telling us when we give up our carnal life and put on the spiritual life we will come into the Kingdom of God and start working in the spiritual realm,doing Godly things Godly ways in His power. God is spirit and we work in the spirit . God is talking about spiritual things . How about it. Are we going to be carnal or spiritual?
    Perhaps you haven.t noticed, they don't mix.

MAGGIE 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 10:26 PM
    Maggie 3,
    The Spiritual life is the way to go for it is eternal. Our mortal life is just temporary and a learning experience.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Feb 20, 2009, 11:16 PM

One of the things that we have to remember is that Jesus got on the cross not simply for those who sinned against other people but for those who sinned against Him.For all of us that hurt Him , not only someone else.Imagine paying a debt for someone who stole from you.Giving your blood for someone who made you bleed!
    Love your enemies...
    This is the cross!Have we taken up this cross and followed Him?
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 11:51 PM
    adam7gur,
    Very good.
    Your point is well made.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I cross reference? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I cross reference SODA, Inc This is an acronym for Stop on A Dime Assets

Cross connection [ 1 Answers ]

Is a cross connection when two dissimilar piping materials are joined or when plumbing and electrical systems mix?

Pictures with red cross that cannot be seen [ 1 Answers ]

:( Hi there, When I send e-mail with pictures the other end cannot see them because they have the little red cross in the top left hand side. I am sure I can correct this on my PC but do not know how. Please can someone help by telling me how. Many Thanks and have a good day.

Red Cross in a Box [ 2 Answers ]

I can't see pictures from the internet, all I get is a red cross in a box in the top left corner

Cross Breed Dog [ 0 Answers ]

Inbreeding brings out recessive traits. Closely related dogs are more likely to have the same recessive problems. I have heard of deliberately breeding siblings to see if there are problems. If that doesn't produce problems, then likely there won't be problems breeding to other dogs. So the...

View more questions Search