Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewsame Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 10:42 PM
    Give me some good suggestions on my moving plan
    Hi all,

I plan to move soon. I live alone in 1 bedroom APT now and have some furniture-sofa, table(x3), bed-and quite a lot of other stuffs. It will be 700miles trip (It takes about 11hours).

I can think 2 options right now.

Option #1> U-HAUL : what size of U-haul truck will be good for me? 10'? 14'? I also have to tow my car (honda accord).

Option #2> 2men and a truck.

Are there other options?

Please give me some suggestions that will be best for me regarding cost and effort.

Thanks!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 12:22 AM

I say sell material items. You can always get more furniture in the new town. Enjoy the road trip.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 05:57 AM
    I don't know about where you are but here we have chain trucking companies everywhere and you can pick up a truck and drive it yourself (you just need a normal license) then drop it off at the nearest rental place where you are going. Works out cheaper than getting people to pack and drive for you.
    ronenzzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Why don't you check out http://www.shipping2australia.com about shipping to Australia. From the amount of stuff you listed in your post I would call your move as "less than 1 room." On the form they have an option to ship less than 1 room, but it must cost a certain amount. Hope this helped.
    randallzzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 06:32 AM

Couldn't help but notice someone recommended our site.
    Yes we do specialize in shipping to Australia and have an option on our form that is called "less than one room."

I hope this was helpful.

Randall
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 26, 2009, 10:15 AM

Also keep in mind that you are paying for gas and also mileage, that's A LOT of money for 700 miles. It probably would be cheaper to ship it all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving my fax machine upstairs, need wiring suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my dilemna. I currently have a home office on my first floor. I have two phone jacks, my phone line is connected to the jack underneath the desks and my fax machine is connected to the other jack in the room. I want to move the offices upstairs, but there is only one jack available. Is...

Business Plan for a Moving Company [ 1 Answers ]

Please I'd like to receive tips on how to prepare a business plan for the start up of a Full Service Moving Company. Thank you

Will this diet plan give me good results? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I just have a question about my diet and exercise plan, I am wondering if you think that it is a healthy one, as well as one that will give me good results. I am an 18 year old female college student, and I only have access to a treadmill; I do not have enough money to join a gym or anything of...

Any suggestions for a job I would be good at? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to school for business administration (basicall to be an admin assistant) and I have an associates degree. Lately I've have been really stressed and I can't even handle situations in my life, never mind if I had to keep track of someone else's (my boss). I've posted my resume on Monster.com,...

Moving On songs.suggestions anyone/? [ 22 Answers ]

I've been listening to music lately to keep me distracted and I avoid depressing music like those with theme of regrets, wanting you back, still loving you, I'm not over you or something... I want to ask for moving on songs... that encourages you and affirms that he's not the one and it wasn't...

View more questions Search