Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    Maybe I read the article wrong, but conservatives should stick to priciple and not give oone of their own a pass, just because they happen to be conservative.

Afterall, if we did not that would make us like liberals.
    I'm not giving her a pass, but as my earlier post said this money that should be treated as income apparently should have been reported on her W-2 as income. If it wasn't, shouldn't the state take some of the blame?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Does it say that she did not report it at all? Maybe her tax guy or gal should look a little harder next time.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:18 PM
    What pass ? When the issue was raised she had an independent audit done . Based on the conclusion she will pay taxes on the per diem as income... which BTW will not even come due until April .
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Wait a minute, are you saying these aren't even back taxes? Tom, is that what you are saying?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 20, 2009, 01:27 PM

Ah so the media may be making something out of nothing?

Same paper I read gov Patterson's ( NY) may not have paid more than 200 k in taxes over 4 years - can' t link with this phone

G&P
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Chief of staff
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:09 PM
    What I'm saying is that this is clearly not tax evasion . Palin asked the office to review the tax implications of the per diem she was claiming. The office concluded that it should be treated as income, and is sending a revised W-2 form to reflect that.Based on the revised W-2 she will owe more taxes.

It's a far cry from the tax evasions that Geithner .Daschle et al did. In Geithner's case he was specifically told by his employer the World Bank that he owed the money .Geitner received money that was supposed to reimburse him for taxes he was supposed to pay and signed a document that he understood this. He didn't pay the taxes and still accepted the money.

In this case Governor Palin ASKED for the review to resolve a dispute over whether it is income or reimbursement .The decision went against her and she will pay pay her taxes based on the decision. Being told that some tax deductions aren't going to be allowed is NOT the same as "forgetting" to pay taxes on houses, employees, and income.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Thank you for clearing that up Tom. I sure like her;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Palin's [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: "Everyone should be abstinent or whatever, but it's not realistic at all." Who said that? If you said Bristol Palin, you'd be right. Why would a teenager who just had an unwanted pregnancy say that? Cause she's right?? Or would she say that because she forgot to run it by her...

Palin's Email Hacked! [ 12 Answers ]

So apparently some group called anonymous hacked into Palins Yahoo email account. I don't know what they were looking for but this should not be tolerated. Palin's Email Account Hacked (PHOTOS)

How to file a 1099 self employed taxes and taxes in Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone . I had a few tax related questions . My husband is pretty much self employed , he is a permanent resident of the united states etc. we live in Georgia . We wanted to know how do we file a self employed tax paper and how do we figure the precentages we are a family of 4 . With 2...

How to Claim Social Security taxes & medicare taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I worked on my CPT and OPT from July 2006 to June 2008 and paid Social Security taxes & medicare taxes, how can I claim them back? Thank you.

Early Withdraw - 401K Taxes Paid vs. Taxes Owe [ 7 Answers ]

Last year I took a early withdraw from my 401k last year after leaving my job. I had 30% withheld for Fed. Taxes. I am getting ready to have my taxes prepared. I have several questions. 1. Was 30% enough? Does 10% penalty still apply? 2. I live in the state of IL. Will I owe state taxes? ...

View more questions Search