Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ncfirepolice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Calculating work
    A 136 N box is lifted a distance of 6 meters how much work is done. I believe that the formula is Work=Fd. So force is found by F=ma. However I think force in this is 136 so that would be 136*6=816N-m
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 07:50 PM

You don't need to find force in this case. You have a 136 Newton box. The force is 136 Newtons. W = 136 *6 = 816 Newton-Meters
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 23, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Rite answer...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating NPV [ 2 Answers ]

How do I calculate the net present value. Problem: Lump Sum Payment of $500,000 Needs to be grossed up 35% for taxes Paid out over 5 years @ annual interest rate of 4% What would the monthly payout amount be over 60 months?

Physics: calculating work [ 2 Answers ]

Early one October you go to a pumpkin patch to select your Halloween pumpkin. You lift the 2.6 kg pumpkin to a height of 1.08 m, then carry it 51.5 m (on level ground) to the check-out stand. (a) Calculate the work you do on the pumpkin as you lift it from the ground. (b) How much work do you...

Calculating ending work in process [ 1 Answers ]

I have calculated the following information and cannot recall how to calculate the ending work in process without knowing the number of units either sold or finished (ending). Inventory balances: January 1 Beginning Ending Raw materials $30,000 $70,000 Work in...

Calculating Work in Process [ 1 Answers ]

If the beginning work in process is unknown, how do I compute it?

View more questions Search