Ask
    mellee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 11:04 AM
    What does a grant cover for felons
    What does a federal grant for convicted felon do
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 11:23 AM

Which federal grant is that, one that is used to open a half way house, or one to use to open a training center.

Do you think there is some free money for you when you get out of prison ?
    AbbiNormyl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Fr_Chuck: :mad: No, we don't think there's free money getting out of prison, or jail or where ever!! If you'd think for half a minute PAST the "free money" issue you'd hopefully realize that without something to get US back on the right track, we're going to go right back to our "old" ways (and MUCH easier money). I too am a felon, served time in jail... followed by rehab... now that I've got this 7 year suspended sentence hanging over my head for the next 5 years that I'm on probation... WHERE DO I WORK? In this economy, people with college degrees are having trouble finding ANY type of work. Its damn near impossible for a felon, unless we lie about it on applications, there'll be no chance to even BEG for a job. Now.. I know ways of making money, easy, quick money too. And you know what... the fact that I'm a felon will actually look GOOD on this kind of resume... SURE, I shouldn't have done what I did that got me convicted. However, am I now destoined to a life of poverty and "will work for food" signs? (In fact, That's illegal too)
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Feb 14, 2010, 06:50 AM

Now don't go getting upset over what Fr_Chuck said,he simply was telling you the truth. Grants are complicated and when he asked what the grant was for
    You totally got upset for no reason! No there is no free money for you or anyone else. I know the ecomony is bad right now,but keep trying and don't get angry when someone tries to help with advise
    ryusy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Which federal grant is that, one that is used to open a half way house, or one to use to open a training center.

Do you think there is some free money for you when you get out of prison ?
    Again you don't know what you're talking about chuck... it appears to me you're nothing but a troll against felons... THERE IS GRANTS FOR FELONS! Both for small business and college. Look up a grant that's right for you on grants.gov abbinormyl apply to many not just one and keep your head up my dude. I'm also a convicted felon. Though I may not be interested in the grants myself I'm looking out for a friend of mine getting ready to hit the streets so he can succeed as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2.4 L sunfire/cavalier cam cover removal? Or valve cover?how do I get them off? [ 6 Answers ]

I actually googled the answer to this question... and found it here on this site... but its NOT WORKING FOR ME!. SO PLEASE HELP!. here is the problem... I have a 2.4 L sunfire same as the 2.4 L cavalier.. its a twin cam... it has cam covers.. (not really valve covers I guess)... that have 10 bolts...

Grant money for felons [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any resources that could provide a grant to a convicted felon (no jail time) to go to school to become a paralegal?

How to get a grant [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own home health care business and I have been searching online, but I don't know where to begin, most websites want you to download or pay for there services and I don't have the cash. Can someone please help me on, how to apply for a grant.

Can I get a grant if. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can still get a college grant or loan if I have a co-sign for someone.:confused:

Plants to cover concrete drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I bought my house, no one had even raked the yard for years and I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Fortunately, I had been perennial gardening for some time. This was a new challenge, however, because the lot is heavily wooded, and the trees are old growth that were not cut when...

View more questions Search