Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    womanintexas1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Interest in buying a house
    I am interested in buying a house that was foreclosed on. I have searched real estates sites, foreclosed homes, etc. for the address and nothing comes up. I've searched to try to find out who owns the home-they are all fee based. How can I find out who to talk to, to find out about the house that I want to buy? I live about an hour and a half away and don't want to drive back over there.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 11:34 AM

Have you tried calling the Auditor's Office in that particular county and asking them who pays the taxes on this property?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2009, 11:47 AM

You best bet is to start with the county clerk's office and check to see who is listed as the current owner or who the lienholder is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 11:52 AM

You go in person to the recorder of deeds and see who owns the property, you go and check out the property tax office and see who is getting the tax notice on the property.
    If there was a lien on the property the recorder of deeds will also show any and all liens on the property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a house [ 4 Answers ]

In Alabama, buying a house authorize you to leave your apartment with 30 days notice?

Buying a house [ 23 Answers ]

I think most of you have had experience on buying a house at some point your life. I haven't made my final decision whether I am buying it within the next 6 month or not. I am looking for any advice to assist me being first home buyer. Any input/tips will be appreciated, if you don't think...

Buying a house [ 1 Answers ]

I want to buy a house that is not more than 60 to 75k can get such price I really need it any where is must say am 52 years old.

Buying a house [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to buy a house & land with bad credit & no money down? My husband & I haved lived in Iowa for four years. Now our landlords say we have to move so they can build a house here for there daughters. My husband works hard but we have a lot of bills two kids & a lot of animals so I do...

View more questions Search