Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captking697 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Garage roof leaks
    The valley where the garage and house meet, runs into the wall of a raised ceiling
    Room.
    This wall is brick, with siding on it. I had shingles and rotten board replaced,
    But the roof still leaks around this brick. From inside my garage I can see the water running down the brick, then down the wall.

What is the best way to stop this leak?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 11:54 AM

The best way of stopping this leak is from the outside.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 01:46 PM

You need to have metall flashing installed to keep the water from running down the face of the brick. Copper.org: Architecture Design Handbook: Architectural Details: Flashings and Copings - Stepped and Chimney Flashings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with roof leaks! [ 11 Answers ]

I have water coming through by my chimney and at least one other vent; I've read that and on inspecting from above and below that the problem is lack of or repair needed of the flashing around these areas. However, I am a novice to do it yourself repair, even though am capable of doing certain...

Garage slab on grade leaks [ 5 Answers ]

Garage slab on grade leaks. Slab is actually under the grade by 8" it has been dug out and wrapped with a membrane re-graded and sodded. However, it continues to leak in the spring run off and during heavy rain. Can the building be lifted and a curb poured and the building set back down ? If so...

Rolled tar roof leaks on porch, any solutions? [ 7 Answers ]

We have a built-on porch (to the detached garage) put on in the 60's by the previous owner. The roof is tar, flat, and now it is leaking badly. A handyman put some tar stuff on it once or twice and that helped, but only momentarily. Do we have no option but to bring this porch down? Can a flat...

Lots of leaks in Roof -> what's the best solution [ 12 Answers ]

I bought this house last year May(2006). Last hurricane season passed without anyproblems and leaks anywhere in the house. But this season I have a lot of leak spots all around the house. The leaks started during the windy rains about 2 months back and I noticed all the spots are small and I didn't...

Garage hip roof removing braceing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1960s 20x22 id w 24" oc 2x4 walls hip roof garage i am converting into an apt. I want the ceiling to be as open as possible.The only bracing is 3 2x4x20 boards going each way 6"to8" above the top headers. Mostly they seem to be there to support the garage door opener only. I need to...

View more questions Search