Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samanta20099 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 02:31 AM
    Have a Patient
    Hi I am medical student(in dermotology), I have a patient whose biopsy report says mild hyperkeratosis and a thin granular layer.no keratotic follicular plugs seen,dermis also shows mild perivascular infiltration by mononuvlear cells and pigment incontinence.Melanophages are also seen.hydropic degeneration of basal layer is not seen.

Now I think it can be the case of erythema dyschomicum perstans and dygnosis skin biopsy shows non specific features with pigment incontinence? Could be a cause

Though I have recommended combo of resticlyn and alergea which has given good results for two weeks but later the same spots are seen.Any doctor here? We can have a discussion.
    Lol ! :) Hope this is not too heavy for this site..
    boron Posts: 38, Reputation: 5

Feb 26, 2009, 12:41 PM

I have medical faculty, but I'm not an active doctor. How do changes on the skin look, how old is a patient, is he/she exposed to the sun... and where this hyperkeratosis appears after all :) .

Have you tried some online derm atlases?
    Dermnetnz.org
    Atlasdermatologico.com.br
    samanta20099 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 08:40 AM

It appears on entire back and front and lower ears and on forehead ,patient is 27 years old and symotoms 5-6 yrs old,patient is a female anxd have complaint that slowly the same problem is coming on her thighs... too
    boron Posts: 38, Reputation: 5

Mar 3, 2009, 06:03 AM

How does the rash look? Is it scaling, red, bumpy..
    samantanew_id Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 03:30 AM
    The scars are brown (not red or dark black)they at times turn dark brown and no itching on scaly skin .they llok like pigmentation on skin (in prominent way) medicine like tetracycline shows improvement for few weeks...
    samantanew_id Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 03:33 AM

This is my new id... previously samanta_20099

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keep being patient? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 11 months now. He was hurt very badly by his ex. He also is not a very affectionate man. Except when we are being intimate. My question is, he says that he is still "picking up the pieces". I knew in the beginning that I needed to be patient with him,...

Should I be patient with him and wait? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been seeing this man for 4 months. I am 48, he 50 both divorced. I had met nothing but creeps until I met him-a truly nice guy. He would do anything for me as I him. He tells me I am everything he wants in a woman(he wrote a list and I am it) The same for me. But he only wants to be friends...

Claustrophobic patient [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone wondering if you can shed some light on this situation, October last year my mother had been suffering from a bad head for 6 - 7 days then had a seizure which was put down to a drop in blood pressure. April this year she had another seizure and was diagnosed with a suspected brain...

Should I give up or patient! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been with this girl for 1.5 years. We did really have good and bad times. But her issues is that she is super jealous. I suggested her to take a break and let things cool down. She went insane. But we still talked and hung out. She still kept saying that she loved me and stuff but...

View more questions Search