Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstheidi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 07:57 PM
    How can I write a Divorce Stipulation.
    My 21 year old U.S.Navy Daughter is trying to do her own divorce (no children involved) and has filed all the beginning papers, had her (soon to be) EX served. He has agreed to not fight anything and just sit back and let her do her all paper-work. Our question is how do we write a stipulation (exact wording would greatly help here) that she will pay her credit card payments, any outstanding medical bills (on HIM), her car payment, and she is willing to pay HIS car payment for the period of 6 month to give him time to get a job and refinance the loan into his OWN name, if he does not do this within 6 months, she wants the option to take the car back and sell it (it, and the loan pmt is in HER NAME), he will pay his credit card payments, and any medical bills he incurs after the filing of divorce and keep current CAR insurance and UPKEEP on the car he is keeping. We would like the stipulation to cover my daughter in case this lazy man does not pay the car insurance while she is willing to continue paying the payment We would like the option of taking the car back if he defaults in his obligations. They were married for 3 years and the soon to be EX has not worked at all, my daughter was over seas for 23 months total during the marriage and 12 months her husband lived with ME while she was gone. I took care of him. He NEVER worked. I offered him a job but he could never wake up to do the job. He did charge up a LOT of credit card debt and spent her paychecks while she was gone buying music equipment because he wants to be a "Rock Star-Guitar Player". He now lives with HIS MOMMY who is on State Welfare.
    Can anyone offer help in how we can write the stipulation up to submit it to the courts so it will cover all the important stuff to cover my daughter.

I appreciate the help in advance.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2009, 08:03 PM

I'm not really too fond of the "doityourself" divorces. In such a complicated scenerio that you have put forth I would definitely suggest that you retain the services of an attorney on this one as 1) you don't know the proper language and the attorney does and 2) the attorney can also give your daughter some answers as to how to possibly recoup some of the squandered money. Well worth the money since he's not interested in doing anything so the attorney won't be opposed by another attorney on this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 08:07 PM

You just list it, 1. 2. and 3. as to what the terms are going to be within the divorce,

Often this is done within a separation agreemet and that is mentioned into the divorce as binding.

If you both agree, the use of an attorney ( a couple hundred bucks) could be helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce stipulation [ 3 Answers ]

I was divorced in 2004. My ex met other women on the internet and then slept with them. I had all the computer downloads printed out but New York is a 50 -50 state. Fault means nothing. The stipulation reads that he gets 40% of my pension (which will be on goingtill death ) and I get 50% of...

Stipulation settlement [ 16 Answers ]

I have been making timely payments every month now, have not missed a payment And I received an alert telling me that a judgement was entered in default of Stipulation. Am I supposed to receive a notice of this? Also, can I do anything? I have my receipts of money orders and signatures,...

Can bankruptcy stop a stipulation [ 5 Answers ]

I was recently sued and lost and I am paying every month in a stipulation. I have to keep paying this amount for 4 months and after that, they will want the full amount which I can't afford. I am thinking of filing for Chapter 7, I know that bankruptcy could stop judgements, but can it stop a...

Court date and stipulation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I made an agreement with attorneys for creditor to pay 100 every month. I have a stipulation from them where it says that as long as I make this payment every month before the 15th no legal action will be taken and it says that I don't have to show up for the court date which is Nov. 30th,...

Stipulation of Dismissal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing OK. Most of you remember me posting my case here where I was being taken to court because according to them I owed some account by citybank. Well I went to the hearing it was with a magistrate not with judge, however, the plaintiff was on the phone (due...

View more questions Search