Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aena umer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Drunk man divorce his wife
    We are the family of 5.this include me,my younger sister,my elder brother,mom and dad.my brother is usually out of town for business purposes.last nigt my father came home and he was drunk.when my mother asked him,why he came late?he started quarling with her and this increased to shouting and abusing my mother and this ended to my father saying that I give you divorec.he said that 15 times.and he said that he does not want to live with her.is this divorce possible.he was not very much drunk that he couldnot remember anything.he even remembered my brothers phone number and also called him.is this divorce possible now?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2009, 07:59 PM

What country are you in? If this is America, then no, just saying you are divorced is not so. A judge must sign the dissolution paperwork order granting the divorce.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 08:01 PM

Yes, what country and culture is this, in the US you have to go though a court procedure, and have it siged off on by he judge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man won't divorce wife [ 17 Answers ]

I'm new to the site. Have a important question. I'm in my early 50's, boyfriend in this mid 50's, been married 40 years. I have met all of his family, i.e. sisters, brother, dad, children and grandchildren. We live together and have for over 2 years. He helps me financially; i.e. fixing up...

Divorce from my wife. [ 2 Answers ]

I married my wife from Vietnam and she's been in the US for about 3 months now. I found out that she's been cheating on me and we both agree that our marriage was a mistake. I want a divorce from my wife and would like to know how this will effect her residence status here in the US? Will she be...

I want divorce from my wife [ 2 Answers ]

I want divorce from my wife how will I get and what's the rules and procedure. Tell me in details

I ma getting divorce from my wife [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting a divorce from my wife we both agree to the whole thing and she agree to give me give custody of our daughter and I need to get temporary custody can someone pleae tell me what I need to do to get this done and what paperwork I have to get or any at all. I am so lost in the situation...

My Wife Wants Divorce. [ 32 Answers ]

We have been married for 15 years with two kids (12 & 9). I have a good job and she has her own business. We both make good money (she makes more). There have been lot of ups and downs in our relationship but we always made up and forgave. Not this time. She said she has no feeling for me...

View more questions Search