Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kohoutek Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Customising/redirecting tumblr address using streamline.net domain with no A-record
    I am such an internet idiot, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to html...
    Basically I have a tumblr blog, which has a free tumblr url like suchandsuch.tumblr.com. Now, I own my own domain with streamline.net, like suchandsuch.co.uk, and I would really like this to redirect to my tumblr blog, but with that url and not the tumblr one. I know I'm probably not making that sense but stick with me...

Tumblr say that to customise my tumblr url I should redirect the A-record of my domain to their IP address. I contacted streamline after having no luck finding the a-record and they say they don't support a-records. Is there any way for me to re-direct the IP address without altering the a-record? Does anyone know what the streamline equivalent of the a-record is?

I've inserted a java script that redirects the window to the tumblr blog, but it's not the same thing because, as I say, I want the .co.uk address to BE the tumblr blog not just redirect...

Any help would be great - thanks. Especially if it is in words I can understand being a technophobe. ;)
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
    Tumblr say that to customise my tumblr url I should redirect the A-record of my domain to their IP address

I've inserted a java script that redirects the window to the tumblr blog,
    Use frames instead

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless router won't let me access certain domain/address [ 1 Answers ]

I have a D-Link wireless router which is servicing 2 laptops. I have trouble connecting to certain secure sites from the laptops but can do so fine with my main computer hard wired to the main router. I suspect the wireless router's default filtering/firewall is the culprit. How do I unset those...

Redirecting history [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to redirect deleted history so you can retrieve it later

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

View more questions Search