Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Bad razor burn
    What can I do to prevent razor burn? I change my blade regularly. Sometimes its even worse when I use a new blade. I've tried a variety of shave creams/gels. Sensitive skin types, fragrance free, no shave gel at all or shower gel instead. I've tried putting lotion on after but that just makes it even worse. I'm out of ideas.
    vwdieseljunkie Posts: 107, Reputation: 13

Feb 18, 2009, 12:07 PM

Have you tried an electric razor yet?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 12:08 PM

Try using conditioner, (for your hair) instead of shaving cream or gel. That's what I started doing. I forget who told me that it works, but they were right
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 22, 2009, 05:16 PM
    I also used to get bad razor burn from electric shavers. Wash your face with warm water first. Use a good quality shave gel like Edge instead of cream with no alcohol and leave it on for 2 minutes at least. Shave with a double blade, 3,4 or 5 blades are no better and cause irritation, I like Gillette Sensor Excel the best. After shaving put moisturizer on your face instead of aftershave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is a steam burn worse than a hot water burn ? [ 18 Answers ]

I would like to have the answers in short abou t the following : a) Why asteam burn is worse than a hot water burn? b) A pressure cooker cooks food faster c) A car cooling system is usually pressurized d)An astronaut needs a pressurized space suit all round his body e)It is difficult to make...

Question, shaving, razor burn [ 4 Answers ]

I wasn't sure where this question goes but I'm going to ask it any ways... boyfriend recently tried shaving down under (not completely just a trim,etc) and he's bothered by the razor burn.. we've tried everything I know of to help prevent it and make it go away and he wants to shave again.. does...

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

View more questions Search