Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doubleL64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 06:20 AM
    How do I put a new drive belt on MTD.
    I need to replace the drive belt on my MTD riding mower. I can't remove the pulley attached to the engine to get the belt on. I removed the bolt at the bottom of pulley but the pulley still does not come off. This is a 16 hp. Riding mower with 2 spark plugs, model #1360675H302, serial # 3E106C50004. This pulley has 2 belts on it. The belt I need to put on is the top one.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Take a rubber mallet, or very carefully with a hammer... and hit downwards on it, it should pop off... might just have a little rust holding it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-Bilt drive belt, brakes and shifting [ 2 Answers ]

Troy-Bilt Z809H, 24 HP B&S engine, 46" deck, 3 years old, model 14az809h063. I just had the drive belt replaced by an "authorized" repair facility. With the engine off, everything seems fine. I can shift into and out of gear easily and the brake stops the tractor cold. With the engine running,...

Lowe's (MTD) 16/42 Drive Belt [ 3 Answers ]

My father gave me Lowe's 1642 riding mower but the drive belt keeps coming off. I have put a new idler pulley on and it still does this. I took the middle cover off and watched the clutch pulley when I was mowing and the belt seems to get too much slack in it and thrown off. Are there any belt...

Polan/weedeater lawnmower drive belt [ 10 Answers ]

Can someone help me figure out how to replace the belt on my poulan/weedeater mower?

Changing drive belt on MTD Yardbug mower [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Mtd Yardbug mower, and need to know how to change the upper drive belt. It appears the belt was laid down, then the mower was built around it.

Murray 14 hp 42" cut Blade Drive Belt Loose [ 3 Answers ]

What are ways of tightening the blade drive belt on a Murray Model 42813A Riding lawn mower with a 42" wide cut? Just installed new one & blades will turn while mower is stationary, but will stop while trying to run over any grass?

View more questions Search