Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ticond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Water removal under carpet
    Toilet overflowed into the carpeted hallway. What's the best way to remove water and dry out carpet without hiring a professional?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 10:10 AM

If there is padding under the carpet evrything must come up, throw the padding out. Wet vac the carpet as best you can and fold it back so you can wet vac the floor. Was the overflow just water or sewage too? This would make a difference in what else may be needed. I own, and you can rent, a blower that can be placed at one corner of the carpet. I use the blower to float the carpet so ait moves under it 24/7 until completely dry. A dehumidifier also helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair removal from Carpet floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My main & second floor have carpet. It has lot of hair floor and how to clean it? Is there any vacume machine to clean it or how to clean it mannually? Thanks Ahsan

Gas spill removal from carpet in car [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove spilled gas from carpet in van? I've tried detergent/water, other cleaners/water with towel to soak it up - still have strong smell of gas in carpet/car

Water leak under carpet in master bedroom. [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago I discovered a small puddle of water on the carpet in front of the bathroom. This puddle has now grown in size. I lifted the carpet in that area and found a small hole in concrete. This hole appears to be by design ( I have no idea why) Water is flowing up from this hole. I have also...

Removal of carpet glue before tiling [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to remove the old carpet glue from the concrete slab before I begin the tiling process

Water under my carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Dear ask, I noticed my carpet was wet near my side wall in my bedroom from under my entertainment center, I have a cement floor where can this water becoming from, I have a leak under my faucet that is on the opposite side of the wall,in my bathroom I had some work done and they put in that...

View more questions Search