Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovingu Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 05:50 AM
    Self image and self esteem
    Hello, I have eating disorder (which I am getting help for) and of course myself esteem andself image is not good so I wanted to know if there are tapes out there to help elevate the self esteem, I think a person with these issues needs to hear from a motivational speaker every day to help sticking to elevating the self esteem because slipping back is so much easier than lifting it up.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 17, 2006, 07:20 AM
    The very best one I have ever heard was the one I made myself. I had to have help writing out the "script" but once I got past how different I sounded to me (we all do that LOL) it was sooooooo potent! You might try that too -- just a thought?

Aug 18, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Hello val, what u mean? So, if u have tapes let me know, I always liked your responses, very thoughtful.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Aug 18, 2006, 10:48 PM
    Yeah, tapes you make yourself can be great! Also, have you tried guided imagery tapes? Just curious. I am going to look at some info and get back to you, OK?

Aug 19, 2006, 12:01 PM
    No, I mean you make your own. Write out a script of true statements of esteem about yourself, select some soft background music and record onto a blank tape to listen to again and again. There is something really powerful hearing good affirmations of your worth IN YOUR OWN VOICE!

And thanks for the compliment too. :o

Aug 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
    That is a very good idea, I will do that

Aug 19, 2006, 06:31 PM
    I am also a big proponent of raising esteem by doing esteemable acts so making the tape, no matter how silly you feel doing it or how stupid you think it may turn out, is still a worthy actions and can yield a big plus in the self esteem book.
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 19, 2006, 06:40 PM
    I think you shlould make the tape, also get a list of positives about yourself, from yourself and others and put it on a mirror and say them to yourself.
    I am a smart person
    I am worthy of love.
    I am talented at...
    Those kinds of things.
    juggalovoodoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 08:54 AM
    You should listen to insane clown posse (ICP) I used to be shy and think I wasn't wanted in the 6th grade I got picked on and then I started listening to icp they do swear and talk about murder but it does make you feel better about yourself listen to the great milenko (CD) it has lotsa songs on it that could help you change when I started listening to icp I went right up to the bully and I scared him bad all though I hardly remember what I did I was never shy anymore I would go up to random girls and hug them and say I like you but they just called me a scrubby so I didn't really have many gf's then I still wasn't wanted but at least I wasn't sad about it now I'm in 10th grade I still listen to icp daily and I feel really great about my life I regret nothing and guess what I have people at my school that tell me to kill myself and disappear but I don't walk away crying I walk away laughing with a big smile on my face... :D :D :D :D :D
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    The very best one I have ever heard was the one I made myself. I had to have help writing out the "script" but once I got past how different I sounded to me (we all do that LOL) it was sooooooo potent! You might try that too -- just a thought?

I tried to rate you but I had to spread it. I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, but I think that is the greatest idea I may have ever heard. I've listened to some stuff by Tony Robbins and Paul McKinny but doing it in your own voice is so much more reaffirming. What a tremendous idea.

Okay I have a few questions. How long did you do this for? I mean was it on a hour tape and if so did you write out a hour's worth of material or did you repeat some it? Did you use affirmations or did you give yourself positive stories of overcoming something?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Ah another question. Did you use positive stories from someone else or even from your past?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Low self esteem [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 28 years old and I'm a stay at home mom to a 13 month old. Over the past 5 years I have gained 50 pounds. I'm starting Weight Watchers and joining a gym so that I can get my weight under control. I'm a good mother and I try to be a good wife. Other than that though I feel like a waste of...

Questions for self-esteem [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like help with what kind of questions to put to a music teacher who has self-esteem problems. I don't want to ask the wrong kind of questions and this is the first time I have had a performer. I am the only counsellor in a rural town and this person is having issues with being unsure of himself...

Self Esteem: [ 12 Answers ]

" Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process. - Phillips Brooks In what stage are you? HANK :)

View more questions Search