Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Und3c1d3d Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 06:43 AM
    His ex is hot, n its killing me!
    I've always felt like I was hot stuff and totally gorgeous, even when I met my current boyfriend. That was until I met his ex girlfriend(who he's still close with) and I realised how hot and stylish and young she was. His relatives always ask about her and suddenly I don't feel good enough for him, even when he tells me I'm better than her. I just don't believe it. I used to look like her, but now since we've moved in together I'm always too busy studyin(home school) n cleaning to make myself pretty. I feel like I repulse him because I don't try any more, I might as well be the maid. Its like myself esteem is sub zero, I just feel ugly and fat. How can I get back in the game, stay motivated and still do my home chores? We're both 20
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 06:52 AM

This is your issue to deal with, he tells you that you are better than the ex. You are the one he is with, that should speak a loud enough volume. Perhaps talking to him about how you are feeling may help, or joining a gym.
    posey_84 Posts: 202, Reputation: 15

Feb 18, 2009, 07:05 AM

I agree. This is your issue. Your boyfriend obviously loves you and thinks your beautiful and remember even if his ex is drop dead gorgeous, she's an ex for a reason! I would tell your boyfriend how it makes you feel when his family ask about her in your presence though and maybe he could have a quiet word with them about it. Xx
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 18, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Und3c1d3d View Post
    I've always felt like i was hot stuff n totally gorgeous, even when i met my current boyfriend. That was until i met his ex girlfriend(who he's still close with) and i realised how hot n stylish n young she was. His relatives always ask about her n suddenly i dont feel good enough for him, even when he tells me im better than her. I just don't believe it. I used to look like her, but now since we've moved in together im always too busy studyin(home school) n cleaning to make myself pretty. I feel like i repulse him cos i dont try any more, i might as well be the maid. Its like my self esteem is sub zero, i just feel ugly n fat. How can i get back in the game, stay motivated and still do my home chores? We're both 20

Funny thing is while you may think she is hot and yet so gorgeous, You are not seeing the clear picture here.

She may be beautiful, but there is a reason that he is with you and not with her.

There is more than just the outer appearance, and I doubt that he has an issue with the way you look.

It seems to be your own insecurities. DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT let those insecurities ruin your relationship or your self-esteem.

Stop over analyzing the situation as beauty is more than a pretty face, and stylish clothing.

There is always going to be someone prettier in this world, but as long as you can become comfortable in your own skin, no one else will seem to matter.

The utmost attractiveness is that in which is unseen by the eye but originated by the heart.

Be the QUEEN, that you indeed are and learn how to rule yourself!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 07:52 AM

If all he is interested in is looks, leave the jerk now, there is so much more to a relationship, being friends for one, enjoying the company of the other. That "HOT" babe will be fatter, gray with false teeth at some point in her life, So if a relationship is based on physcial appearance there is nothing to it.
    Und3c1d3d Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 08:19 AM

Thanks so much guys! Highly appreciated. I will be my best, just as I am.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is killing me! [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a motorolla commercial, for the red Krzr. The commercial was all digitally done/animated, of a red krazr popping up with red flashy backgrounds, doing various movements. What is killing me is the song that was playing! I cannot find the commercial on YouTube so it may be farely knew. Has...

Cat Killing? [ 18 Answers ]

Is it a legal in the state of Calif to kill a male cat if he is not nuetured?

My son's killing [ 6 Answers ]

How come no one was able to tell me who hit my son, with a vehicle and placed him on the train track!

My jaw is killing me! [ 3 Answers ]

First off I'll start by saying that I do have a cold, but don't know whether that makes a difference or not. Anyway, yesterday we went out for dinner, and about 30 minutes later, my jaw REALLY started to hurt. It hurt through the right side of my jaw, to my ear, up to my temple/eye. I took 2...

View more questions Search