Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2009, 06:32 AM
    I'm 17 and overweight.
    Hi all I am new to the site.
    Though I might give you some information on my lifestyle and see if you have any advice that helps me?
    I'm 17 years old I weigh 193lbs and I am 5' 10", which makes me about 48lbs over weight.
    I have horses so evernight i spend an hour up at the farm riding, lifting water buckets, mucking out, walking around, brushing ect. I also walk my dog for 15 minutes every night.
    I am currently in college and have tonnes of homework to complete before going off to the horse and then when i come home its tea and off to bed, so i find it hard to fit in any other exercise.
    I am naturally a "big girl" anyway so I know I will never be really slim. I know I have quite a lot of muscle but I am over weight.
    I know what the problem is; it's the food, what I eat and how much I eat.
    Does anyone have any helpful advice for me, it would really be appreciated.
    Ber Rabbit Posts: 134, Reputation: 23

Feb 18, 2009, 07:43 AM

Change one thing about your eating habits at a time instead of trying to make drastic changes all at once. Keep a food diary even if it's just for 2 weeks to see exactly what you are putting in your mouth. Write down EVERYTHING you eat even if it's 1 piece of candy, write down how many calories per serving as well. It's a bit of work but it's a short time to keep it up and you will be able to use the information to help you (or us) figure out where to make easy changes that save calories.
    Ber
    summertyme Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2009, 09:55 AM

Our diets are key factors although you have not stated what you are eating. Your fitness with the horses is fantastic and very good activity and exercises for now.

Try to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and no snacks or very healthy ones and NEVER eat just before going to bed.

Secondly please just do not worry, take each day as it comes. If you eat healthy are are patients you will not feel guilty and the weight will eventually come off.

Feb 18, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Eating wise, it's not really "junk" its more carbs than anything.
    Breakfast usually nothing, I can't remember ever eating breakfast.
    Lunch would usually be a roast chicken with white bread butty with a chocolate bar and then dinner would usually be yet more carbs either jacket potato or rice or pasta and I'll usually have a portion of veg such as sweetcorn or peas.
    It's not great but its not the worst its just I have lots of carbs.
    polo98012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2009, 09:30 PM

Carb Blocker 2 – Blister Pack dpibo.mychoices.biz it blocks up to 500 carbs before you eat that meal. With good exercise you should be fine.
    pharris Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 10:10 PM
    First of all, if you know your problem is what you eat you've solved half your problem. Since I don't know your eating habits it makes it a little harder to help. NO FAST FOOD!! It is not at all good for you. If you cook at home don't fry anything. Bake, broil, or grill all your meat. Chicken and turkey are real good for you. A turkey burger only takes a few minutes in the broiler. Just remember that what you put on it adds up too. Also, chiken and turkey breasts are real good if you marinate and grill or bake. Just be sure to watch what you marinate it in. Make sure it's not too high in fat and calories. Also, Mrs. Dash is good on meat and it's low cal and sodium. Now, about the exercise. You do seem to be a bit active. I'm sorry to say but I think you're giving yourself too much credit. One thing to know is that your body will get used to the same exercise everyday. So if you've had this same routine for a while it's not really exercise anymore. Instead of walking the dog for 15 min. make it a power walk for half hour or even a jog. I understand being busy. I'm a single mom, work full time and go to school. I still find time to work out at least 3 times a week. There is always time to do it. It depends on how bad you want to do it.
    I hope this was helpful and I wish you all the luck!

Feb 19, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pharris View Post
    I'm sorry to say but I think you're giving yourself too much credit. One thing to know is that your body will get used to the same exercise everyday. So if you've had this same routine for a while it's not really exercise anymore.
    No, no it's fine and it makes total sense.
    My mums had horses for 30 years, so I was born into them and have been helping out since I was 4, so you're right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My overweight! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 5 foot 11 and I'm 149 pounds. But I want to weigh 130... how do I lose weight??

Am I overweight? [ 4 Answers ]

I am just wondering if I am MEDICALLY considered overweight, and not just by someone's opinion. I am 21, Five foot ten and three quarters inch tall, and I weigh 225 pounds, and I'm a guy, if that matters.

I'm overweight what shall I do. [ 6 Answers ]

:( :( :( I have a nurses appointment on Friday (this Friday) and I am really terrified I am overweight she is going to check me and put me on a diet, I'm I'm overweight but I don't want to reveal it to her. Help, ...

Really overweight [ 2 Answers ]

If you are a woman is really overweight and has facial hair growing and she loses the weight will the facial hair go?

Overweight lab [ 2 Answers ]

I have two labs 3yr old and a 6 yr old. Both a little over weight . I put them on purina light and 6yr old lost nicey over eight weeks but 3yr olds looks if anything bigger? He also seemed to gain this weight quickly.

View more questions Search