Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giri_passport Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Feb 18, 2009, 04:07 AM
    Lost Passport with no details of previous passport--Very important
    Hi,

What can be done when a passport is lost and no details regarding the previous passport ios available??

The FIR from the police station was produced at the regional passport office but we got a response saying that another passport cannot be issued if the details of previous passport are not available.

Even the annexure B requirements were taken care of...

How do we get the details of old passports??
    Isn't there any place where the details of passports issued is stored?? How can a person who lost his passport and who does not have any details of lost passport get a new passport??

There should be some law to eek out citizens out of this problem...

Please suggest ways to tackle this...

Thanks in advance
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2009, 04:13 AM
    I know someone who works at the Passport & Immigration Office.. I'll ask him and post an answer as soon as possible, if your problem is still not solved.. I don't know if for all countries it's the same procedure but I'll try to get you an answer.

Feb 18, 2009, 09:37 AM

Here in my country, if I lose my passport and were in the same situation as you are actually, I would have to go to a police station and tell the concerned person that I lost my passport. After a few formalities, he/she will give me a form to fill and tell me what has to be done or where to go for more help.

But it's not the same procedure in every country. There surely exist a site for your country where you can read on this topic, I mean, the problem you are facing.. There has to be a way out...

Feb 18, 2009, 10:38 PM

Yes there should be a way out... But the problem here is no one is ready to help... One moment they say that an FIR from police station is enough... after few days if you go and ask,they will say its impossible to get a new passport issued if there are no details of lost passport available...

Does this mean a person will be held captive in a country if he accidentally loses his passport without having any details saved somewhere?? This is weird... or it's a ploy to mint more money from unassuming citizens

Feb 19, 2009, 06:08 AM

What's your nationality?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 06:31 AM

What information from the passport do they require, that you don't know.

In the US it is a fairly simple procedure

Feb 19, 2009, 11:33 PM
    I am from India... bangalore

Feb 20, 2009, 09:37 PM

Go to this web address, I hope you will find an answer to your question.

RPO : Home Page

At the left of your screen you will find 'Passport Act'.. Click on it, it will lead you to a pdf file. Am still trying my best to help you.

Feb 20, 2009, 09:40 PM
    My passport is lost, what do I do?

* File a report with the nearest police station. ( A full-fledged FIR is required if the passport is still valid)
    * For issue of a duplicate/replacement passport, submit Form No.1 with residential proof and copy of FIR.

(Fee applicable is Rs.2,500/-. For Tatkaal service, an additional fee of Rs. 2500/- is applicable.)

Note: In the case of lost/damaged passports, if the passport was issued by other passport offices/Missions abroad, duplicate passport will be issued after getting necessary clearance from the original Passport Issuing Authority. The validity of the new passport will be ten years from the date of issue of the new passport.

Feb 20, 2009, 09:43 PM
    I recently lost my valid passport, but do not have the details. Will it be possible for the Passport Office to trace the details from your system and give them to me for filing my application for a duplicate/new passport?
    We may be able to trace your passport details from our system if you send us an e-mail with the following personal details: Full name as in the lost passport; date of birth; father’s name; mother’s name; place of issue of the passport; year of issue. Please send your mail to : [email protected]

You need to file an FIR with the police and apply in Form-I with the previous passport details and the FIR. The fee applicable is Rs.2,500/-.

Well, I got this for you. Hope it helps..
    Let me know if you have any more problems.
    Take care.
    josephshiju Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 03:31 AM
    Giri, How did you solve this issue ? That will help others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost passport [ 1 Answers ]

OK I came to amreica and I ova stayed my time lost my passport got it back but no visa in it , the i95 form is gone ,and I got married do I need the i95 card for my wife to file my papers for me

Passport details [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was born on 26may 1949 in goa india is she entitled to a portuguese passport, if yes can you tell me what do I have 2 do?

Portugal Passport Details Required Urgent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have been born in bombay sine 1982 and lived here since then. My mum too was born in bombay and has lived here ever since then. Dad was born in goa in 1949 and has his name on a Portuguese transit visa and also has his birth certificate. His parents were born in Goa and their names are on...

Lost id need passport [ 3 Answers ]

I Lost My Id Card And I Don't Have Passport .can You Tell Me Please What To Do Because I Live To Far From London And I Need Go To Portugal Soon.thank You

View more questions Search