Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 03:18 AM
    Webcam software for JL2005A
    I have received a JL2005A digital camera as part of the deal for signing up to Which.

There are two problems:

1. I need to locate the necessary software to make it work as a webcam. Instruction booklet says 'please refer to the instructions included with specific software package used'. The camera came with ArcSoft PhotoImpression 4tm but no s/w for its use as a webcam, hence my query on here.

2. I installed the camera s/w and it worked OK, but then had cause to uninstall the s/w and from then on although it seems to have been re-installed, when you try to take a picture ( which from the clicks seem to work) it says there's no pictures in the camera. I have susequently installed it on another PC and it works fine. So can anyone explain what is going wrong. I have applied the correct uninstall program supplied.

Thanks to anyone who can help
    John
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 17, 2006, 03:20 AM
    Hopefully THIS should cover what you are looking for.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2006, 06:36 AM
    You don't say what version of Windows, but most webcams use the built in Twain interface. I assume your webcam is a USB. So when you connect it should come up as installing new hardware. Once installed, it should be listed ans a input source under Scanners and Cameras.

From there, you can use it with ANY software, that supports cams. You just have to select it as your input source.

You don't say what you want to use it for, but if its to communicate with someone else, most of the IM services will work with video.
    Micky629 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 05:37 AM
    I too received one of these cameras. I installed the software as per instructions, but when I connect the camera to the PC, the camera turns off without downloading anything. If I hold down the "On" button and connect it, Windows (XP) comes up with a message something like "Unknown device detected, but still no download. Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Webcam help [ 1 Answers ]

I pluged in my web cam and the computer sees it and then this window pop ups and says add a hardware 1.I press next 2.then you have (2) choises -install the hardware automatically - install a list or specific location I choose the first one 3. and then they...

Missing file for JL2005A camera [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to set up a Jl2005A dual function digital camera together with ArcSoft Photoimpression 4 from a CD. I have Windows XP and lots of harddisc. I have also in the past downloaded (online) Service Pack 2. When I connect the camera via a USB I get a message "The file 'dshowext.ax' on Windows...

Webcam help [ 2 Answers ]

I recently restored my PC, but when I went to install my webcam I realised I didn't have the cd that came with it, it's a logitech messenger, I went onto various logitech related sites to download the driver I needed and it keeps coming up with the same error message.. unable to find specific path...

Webcam streaming [ 2 Answers ]

I would be grateful if anyone could advise why I cannot get pictures from streaming webcams from a British ISP, Tesco.net. Whenever I try to use their connection the web page loads Java and then the pictures go blank and then everything just hangs. I have to close everything down and restart. If...

View more questions Search