Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 16, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Low thyroid hormone
    Recently discovered I have a low thyroid hormone does anyone else have this, is there any natural foods I should be eating or anything else I can do to help boost my motabelisim..? Thanks loads any info would be lovely
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Has the doctor diagnosed you with low thyroid hormone?

If so what you have is a condition called hypothyroidism. The disgnosis is confirmed by a low level of a hormone commonly called T4 and an increase in a hormone called THS (thyroid stimulating hormone).

You should be treated with what is a commonly called thyroid replacement therapy. The best medication is called Levothyroxine.

There is really no food that can help boost metabolism. It is best to follow doctors advice with this condition.

If a doctor has not diagnosed you, I think you should pay a visit to your doctor to have a hormone level blood test done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat hormone problem [ 9 Answers ]

My cat bubba used to be really friendly until I had her speyed, she is now a completely different cat. She was pregnant when she was speyed. No one can pick her up now, she growls and turns on us sometimes when we try to pat her, flying at us with claws sticking out, she got my mums lip once, ha....

Soy and thyroid [ 2 Answers ]

Do soy products interfere with thyroid medication and functioning? If so, did prior use of soy cause irreversible damage?

Thyroid [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you so much for you info on tumor removel , I have one question , My mother inlaw has a tumor on her thyroid non-cancerous type . Im trying to find info on just removeing the tumor none of the lobe or thyroid at all is there a possible surgery out there . Rita J

Thyroid [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for anybody out there that can help , I have a tumor on my thyroid and they want to remove my whole thyroid it is on my left side , my question is , there a surgery that can remove the tumor but not the whole thyroid. Thank You Rita Litwin

View more questions Search