Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Feb 17, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Chances of PIH this time around.
    I am 16 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my first I had pregnancy induced hypertension which began at around 5 1/2 months. I am concerned about this happening again. Do I have a higher risk of getting PIH this time due to my history? Last time I was given antihypertensives, so it never progressed into anything else.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 05:31 AM
    Your risk isn't any higher per se, but you are still at risk since you did have it with the first pregnancy. I'm happy to hear it did not develop into anything more serious. Just keep an eye on your pressures.

Feb 18, 2009, 07:01 AM

Thanks J9, so far my pressures have been OK. I am just starting worry a little more now because I am approaching the point where it started to rise before. I check it everyday, and so far so good... so I am just keeping my fingers crossed and really trying to limit my salt intake and weight gain.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 07:17 AM
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well. Drink lots of water!

Feb 18, 2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks, I do drink a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chances of jail time for a class b theft in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with a class b theft charge in the amount of $54 dollars.It is my first offense.What is the likelihood of getting jail time for this offense?Do they usually just give you a fine on a first offense or a fine and jail time?Is it something that I will definitely need a lawyer for?Ive...

What are our chances [ 3 Answers ]

Our question is simple... We want to know what are the chances that we could get custody of my husbands 2 children. The story... I will make this simple... She (the ex-wife and current custodial parent)is irresponsible, does not work, moves from man to man to support her and the kids. The kids...

What are the chances [ 1 Answers ]

How likely is it to to get pregnant and still have a period afterwards

What are my chances? [ 2 Answers ]

I finally got my SAT scores back, and I'm wondering how likely I am to get into my choice schools. I know you guys aren't admission counselors, but now that I've sent my applications for EA in, I really need some consolation, haha. I got a 640 on critical reading, a 460 on math (ugh.. I wish I...

View more questions Search