Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cardan Perkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Accounting concept
    Which accounting concept applies when a work sheet is prepared at the end of each fiscal cycle to summarize the general ledger information needed to prepare financial statements?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 07:59 PM

The statement is called the trial balance.
    This is a summary of all the ledger accounts.
    In the double entry system , by definition
    The total of all the debits must be equal to the total of all the credits.
    When this is O.K, you can then proceed to
    Prepare the financial statements, that is
    The Profit & Loss Statement for the period in question and the Balance Sheet as at
    The date of the statement.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 02:10 PM

The worksheet is used to determine if your accounts balance and to assist you in preparing your financial statements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concept paper [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please mention what a concept paper is? What does it contain? What are the major components? Thank you very much! :D

Limits concept [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. I have attached a document if you need to see the formula in true format. You can click on the following link to view it PDF Converter and PDF writer - Neevia Technology Problem: (1) In relativity theory, the length of an object (for example a rocket) appears to an observer to...

Franchising concept [ 3 Answers ]

Our company is thinking of ?franchising? A specific concept. Yet we don't know where to begin or better yet if franchising is the correct terminology. Or can we just license our idea and sell it yet remain in control of the way the concept is to work? We are in unmarked territory and not sure of...

Concept paper [ 2 Answers ]

What is a concept paper? How do I write it? How can I create a thesis statement?

View more questions Search