Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajlowry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Entering the navy on probation
    My son wants to enter the Navy but just got put on probation for a year. Can he still enlist and if so how far in the process can he go while on probation.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 04:24 PM

It really depends on what he did.

If he did something really serious, the military won't want him and the courts won't let him go.

However, under some cases I think you can speak with a recruiter who will in turn speak to a judge who will determine if the probabation can be served or dropped if he serves in the military.

It all depends on the recruiter, the judge, and the seriousnes of the crime.

Feb 17, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    It really depends on what he did.

If he did something really serious, the military won't want him and the courts won't let him go.

However, under some cases I think you can speak with a recruiter who will in turn speak to a judge who will determine if the probabation can be served or dropped if he serves in the military.

It all depends on the recruiter, the judge, and the seriousnes of the crime.
    He is on unsupervised probation for two misdemeanors for theft and drinking underage.

Feb 17, 2009, 04:44 PM

He is on unsupervised probation for 2 misdemeanors for theft and drinking underage.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 04:49 PM

He will have to get a waiver from the military. And permission from the PO office ( and/or the court)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I go about getting for probation to join the navy [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering what I should do to get off probation if I'm 100% joining the military? I have to take a drug and alcohol evaluation when I'm done with that all my probation requirements will be for filled. I was charged with breach of peace twice, interfering and 6th larceny under 100 bucks. I was...

Navy & Family [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently decided that I would like to join in the military service, specifically the navy. My wife is very nervous about this decision and how it will affect our family. Personally I think that she is a very strong woman who can easily handle the stress of military life but then again...

Entering Costa Rica on probation [ 4 Answers ]

I am a felon and on probation. After getting permission from the po, who do I contact to see if Costa Rica will allow me to enter? Daughter is going there to study abroad for college and I would like to have a passport if I needed to get there for any reason promptly.

Could it be the navy? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm am stuck in a normal job living a normal life at the mo and I want out, does anybody think the navy would be a choice to try and kick my life in2 action..? :confused:

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

View more questions Search