Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abc2004 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Unfair debt collection from my ex-company
    I just talked with the collector. In order to give me a settlement, they asked me send 2 letters: 1. I no longer want to dispute this. 2. I require them to send the settlement letter to me.
    Could you advise what I need to do now? Is it a trick or a real settlement? After I send the 2 letters, do I still have room to negotiate with them?
    I got the contract that I signed. It only states that "I understand that I am responsible for all charges for which I am not eligible under the co's policy." It didn't state that I should repay it after I left the co, but my co said that I clicked the agree button which stated that. Is this legal binding? Please advise. Thanks a lot.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 02:12 PM

Is this part of another question? How old is this debt... the first letter (saying you no longer want to dispute it) I would not send if this is a very old debt cause they are trying to make the debt collection legal... basically asking you to agree in writing that you owe this money.
    abc2004 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Oops. It is the continuation of the same topic of "Unfair debt collection from my ex-company". So what I need to do now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfair debt collection from my ex-company [ 32 Answers ]

Hi experts. I have very painful situation. Please help me. Here is the story: I left my company, but now my company asked back for the tuition reimbursment which I used last year and they said it is company police, but I never awarded about it. The total amount is about 20k. And now it is sent to...

Cancled Debt and Collection Debt showing up on Report [ 5 Answers ]

2 Questions I have a 1099-C from 2007, regarding a credit card debt that was canceled. Just today, I was notified I had a collection account appear on my report. (I have credit guard watch). I understand I have to claim the 1099-C on my Taxes as "income" on my report. (1) Since I have...

Collection company [ 2 Answers ]

I was contacted by a collection company stating that I owe an account from 1998-2000 on a phone bill for $768 in Florida. I stated that I need to see proof of this. They sent me an incomplete copy of a phone bill without it being itemized. At this point I don't even know if this is a accurate...

View more questions Search