Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    300paintings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Why would a painting have a signature and a letter/numbers below the paint edge?
    Letters w/numbers below the paint line means?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 02:06 PM

It might indicate that it's a limited edition print... what exactly does it say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indentifying signature on oil painting [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, could anyone help me please identify the artist of this oil painting please. It's a oil painting on canvas, 24" x 40" and its signed in the bottom left corner with the name Santos. I was given this painting about 5yrs ago, it had been on the wall of a local pub for yrs but when they...

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting [ 7 Answers ]

I received this Large oil painting from my parents estate. I believe they acquired it in the 50's or 60's (not sure) I've tried searching the artists name, but not sure if I am reading it correctly. R.B.Rchards. I would like more information on the artist and subject. No manifest at all.

Identifying a SIGNATURE on a painting? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello fellows, can anyone help me with the signature of that painting, I can't even recognize a single letter, well appart from the "i" in the first word - anyone with an idea? i think it might be from 2nd quarter of the 20. cent, but I am open to your suggestions. thank you, berns

Unidentified signature on painting [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have an oil painting with a signature I can't read. I don't know how to add a picture. It would be great if someone knew who this artist is. Any help with a source to search signatures ( free ) or help with how to atach a photo would be appreciated, Thanks, Diane

View more questions Search