Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Being a teenager.
    Hello, I'm a teenagee girl, I'm 15.
    This questions to all people past their teenage years, it's simple really, all I want to know is 'how was your teenage years?'
    I'm just plainly curious. Things like friends, boy/girlfriends, first kisss, mood swings, how you got on with family, sad/happy times, what you did in your spare time, depression, popularity... and so on.
    I love hearing peoples storys and I want to know who you were like at my age. I want to compare myself.. like any teen I fel alone and unheard at times and I want to see if you felt similar or reallt different.
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 17, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Hi, me am 17... It's true, sometimes you feel all alone, no one is available for you. But it's temporary. Teenage may be a difficult period of life which greatly determine who will you be afterward... It's a period where many things happen, as you said, falling in love, first kiss, etc... :) Some people say it's a period of trial and error... That's their point of view:)

Wish u all the best! Enjoy life, life is short:)
    bluepersonality Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2016, 04:22 PM
    Hello, I am 24. From the time that I was 13, till I moved out when I was 17, I was being abused by an uncle. My teenage years were messed up completely and were nothing like they should have been. Looking back, there are things that I definitely would have liked to have done that would have made such a difference in my life now, and I will forever see how I missed out. I'll share that with you...
    Because of my situation, I paid absolutely no attention to all the talk you get in school about college. I wish I would have, I really do. I'm freakin 24 and have absolutely no idea where to start to try college. None. Total bummer.
    Another thing was I didn't go on the trips available to me through school, there were 2. One was a class trip to Seattle, which would have been fun. I stayed because there was a court date (uncle abuse thing) during the trip. I wasn't required to go to the court that day, and they ended up postponing it, I missed the trip for no reason, and 7 years later, I still regret it. The other trip hurts even worse. My history class gave us the opportunity to go to Paris for a week. PARIS!! At an extremely affordable price. PARIS!! I will always hate myself for not taking advantage of that.
    The final thing I'll leave you with is this; because of the situation, I tended to isolate myself, and make sure nobody ever got close to me. The school I went to sucked anyway, less than 100 students, so making friends was difficult as it was, then for me to be like I was on top of that, really messed up my chances at having those friendships that can last a lifetime. I have one friend from school that now lives on the other side of the country and I talk to her maybe once a year. We're growing apart for sure and it hurts and sucks.
    Now, my boyfriend has a 14 year old son. And even though he is a boy, I can see so many things that I missed out on. Sure he's got his typical ups and downs, but he's happy, he's taking advantage of being young and silly and has a good time with it.
    My advice to all young people is to enjoy your young lives, thoroughly. Don't be too stupid of course, but enjoy it. IheartEdward- you are never going to be 15 ever again, but you'll have a lifetime to look back at when you were 15. There are going to be experiences offered to you now, that will pass you by and you need to be ready for them. Someday you'll be able to tell your story to teens, maybe your own. What kind of story do you want it to be?
    One more thing, if you have an uncle, or whatever, doing things to you, it's not okay, no matter what they tell you, its not. And they won't be there for you later. I promise. He told me that we would live the rest of our lives together, that he would give me whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. I didn't have to go to college. I would never have to worry. When reality slapped me I saw a 40some year old man forever damaging a young young naïve girl. Tell someone, please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2016, 07:31 PM
    My teen years sucked, I had a overly controlling mother, and I did everything in my power not to ever be home.

I worked a after school job, got such good grades, that I was able to opt out of any study hall, and when I did a drivers program that was two days a week, was allowed to take a speech class the other three, and make up work for the other two.

I have almost zero free time, if I was not doing school work, or playing in a band, or working at a store, I was asleep.

I developed a drinking problem, that haunted me till my mid 30's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am a teenager with adhd [ 3 Answers ]

And it sucks... I know there is medication for it but I'm looking for a way to at least make it less prominent in a more natural way (no medication) I have trouble remembering things and concentrating, it would really help a lot for your help...

Pregnant teenager [ 60 Answers ]

I am a mom to a teenager and I think she is pregnant. How do I know she is? What should I do?

Teenager charged [ 5 Answers ]

My neighbour's son is 16, and has been charged with Assault and Robbery. The charges really sound bad, but they do amount to he and a friend assaulting a classmate and stealing a pack of cigarettes. This child has been caught shoplifting twice before, but charges were never laid, although the...

Age For a teenager to be put out home [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Georgia and have a 17 year old daughter. She is on Probation, finally passed to the 10th grade (after 2 years of high school) and constantly in and out of trouble. She refuses to follow rules of the house. She always argues with everyone in the house, even her 65 year old grandma. No...

View more questions Search