Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gichel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Bail and release
    IS it true that if you paid bail and have an active warrantthat if you are not picked up within 72 hours for the current facility your in now they have to release you?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 09:01 AM

Hello g:

72 hours is the length of time they can hold you without charges. If you're charged, and you are if there's a warrant, you can be held till the other jurisdiction gets there.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you write a letter for early release from work release program [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to compose a letter for a friend that has been in a work release program since July and he wants to try for early release in order to help his mom who lost her husband a couple of days prior to his incarceration.

Bail money [ 3 Answers ]

What is bail money used for?

Setting Bail [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was just arrested Friday night on check fraud, she still hasn't been in front of a judge, due to the weekend, to have a bail amount set. Is there a time limit on how long she's going to be held before she gets a bail hearing? I live in NJ

First offense... $50,000 bail? [ 3 Answers ]

My 24 yr old friend was VERY drunk and ditched-(abandoned) by people who were only interested in getting him completely plastered (and most likely trying to take sexual advantage of him as a result) last Saturday-- 10/07/07. He was taken, in a blacked-out state, to an unknown destination and was...

Release to another state from Iowa work release [ 5 Answers ]

My dad put in a transfer to Florida as he is in Iowa work release about a month ago, how long should it take? I can't wait to see him... They said Des Moines already approved it... Please help Sheena:confused:

View more questions Search