Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bacumba Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 02:36 AM
    What can I do with mathematics
    I learnt you can only become a lecturer when you do maths.aside the maths I do physics statistics and computer science.what can I really do with this courses I need help because am confused.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 04:27 AM

Careers

A strong background in mathematics is excellent preparation for a wide variety of careers. Students who wish to study mathematics in college should take high school courses in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus, if available. These courses also are useful for study in architecture, engineering, and physics.

In college, the basic courses for a major in mathematics include advanced calculus, differential equations, abstract algebra, numerical analysis, number theory, theories of real and complex variables, probability, and statistics. Courses in logic and computer programming also are useful in preparing for many careers.

Mathematicians teach at all levels. High school mathematics teachers must have at least a bachelor's degree in mathematics. Many mathematicians with a doctor's degree teach at colleges and universities.

Large numbers of mathematicians work in business, government, or industry. Those with a bachelor's degree may find work as accountants, computer operators, and statisticians. Many people who have earned a master's or doctor's degree in mathematics conduct research for the communications, energy, manufacturing, or transportation industries. Mathematicians also work in the computer industry as programmers or as systems analysts who determine the most efficient use of a computer in any given situation. Insurance companies employ mathematicians as actuaries to calculate risks and help design policies.

Contributor: Joseph W. Dauben, Ph.D. Prof. of History and the History of Science, City Univ. of New York.
    keke-1990 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 06:55 PM

15 students study maths only
    12 students study physics only
    8 students study physics and chemistry nly
    2 students study physics and mathematics ly 4 students d nt study any f these subjects

draw a venn digram t represent information

determine the number of students who study physics

given that x students study maths and chemistry, and twice as many study chemistry nly. When an algebraic equation t represent the informatin given and hence the valve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics [ 1 Answers ]

A cross country skier observes the top of a radio tower, due south of her, at an angle elevation of 32 degrees. She then skis on a bearing of 130 degrees for 560m and finds herself due east of the tower. a. Calculate the height of the radio tower b. Calculate the distance from the tower to the...

About bsc mathematics [ 2 Answers ]

What job opportunities I will have, if I have done bsc mathematics at university?

Mathematics (mensuration) [ 2 Answers ]

Consider a verticle cylinder of height H and dia D if it is filled up to 60% of its volume then the amount of fluid in it in terms of height is 0.6H if the same cylinder is tilted and kept horizontal with the same amount of fluid in it then what is the amount of liquid in it in terms of diameter D?

Mathematics [ 2 Answers ]

Add the following, using the lowest common denominator: 2/3+1/6 = 1/2+1/8 = 2/3+1/4 = 1/3+5/12+1/6= 1/10+1/4+3/5= 1/6+2/3+2/9= Subtract the following: 2/3-1/3= 6/7-3/7= 11/15-7/15 Subtract the following using the lowest common denominator: 3/4-1/2= 7/9-1/3= 5/6-1/4= Multiply...

View more questions Search