Ask
    mpsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Does liquor go bad over time
    Does liquor ever go bad.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 08:22 PM

Yes, alcohol/liquor will go bad. Beer goes stale within an hour. A bottle of whisky will turn within a month or so.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 17, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Wow! twinkiedooter must have a very sensitive palate. Unopened beer should keep for 1-3 months. There is actually an expiration date on most beers. But I am currently drinking one that is out of date by a month and it tastes fine. Of course opened beer will go stale much faster. I should have distinguished between good beer and cheap beer. My current beer is the economical brand so they aren't that good when fresh. With a good beer it is more noticeable when they get old. (This economy has forced me to make sacrifices and trade down.)

For me liquor seems to last forever. Since I don't drink it often a bottle will last quite a while. And I have never noticed it being off. Of course I mix it with something rather than drinking it straight which might make a difference.

Wine depends on the type. Red wine keeps for years. Most people say it improves with age. White wine is best the year it was bottled. I would never buy a white over one year old. Once opened most wines spoil within a day. So I tend to buy the small 187ml bottles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liquor license [ 6 Answers ]

Not sure where I should ask this. If I have a club or some private paid for membership organization, do I need a liquor license to give away beer or alcohol. Or any kind of special permit? What if I didn't provide the alcohol, but allowed it to be brought in BYOB style? Thank you in advance for...

What does it take to own a liquor store [ 2 Answers ]

Location will be in atlanta

Liquor license [ 2 Answers ]

I want to open a bed and breakfast. Being that it is a private home business offering hospitality, can I give complimentary drinks, without a liquor license?

Does Liquor go bad? [ 6 Answers ]

I was always under the impression that liquor does not go bad... the older the better. What's the real truth? I gave a friend some irish whiskey that I had laying around for about ten years and he said it was watery.

Liquor bottle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 40th Anniv. 1944-1984 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (80 Proof) never been opened. Got it as a gift in the early 80's. It still has the paper seal on the cap. I don't drink whiskey and have toted this around with many military moves. I have to wonder is the product any good...

View more questions Search