Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Aug 18, 2006, 04:29 AM
    Very strange...

Your NICs are not enabled (I.. e no UP flag). This indicates that you don't have a link on these cards. I can understand that on the first eth0 (wireless) but not the 2nd NIC if it is plugged in. And you're also missing the 3rd NIC from the list. Originally your listing showed 3 NICs (one of which is wireless). Do you have two physical RJ-45 type NICs on this guy?

You're also running a very old KNOPPIX... can you get the latest KNOPPIX and run it? Also, when you boot KNOPPIX can you make sure that the network is enabled?

Try this also... plug both ethernets together via a cross over cable. You should at least get the UP flags when you do an ifconfig. You should also get some IP addresses (albeit bogus) and the result should be that you see TX and RX traffic. What you're showing indicates that you're sending (or attempting to send) frames across the wire but you're not getting anything back. Hopefully the cross-over cable shows differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport renewal [ 2 Answers ]

Is anyone aware of agencies that will take care of renewing my Portuguese passport? The Embassy in my area seems to only have a recorded message and I haven't been able to get anyone to call me back. I'm a Portuguese citizen and reside in the US for the last 30 years. I desperatly want to visit...

DHCP and more than 1 NIC. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, Here is my problem, I am running Win2k server sp4. I connect using a boot disk which pulls down a DHCP address, which works fine. I want to add more nics to my server, so I can have different people connecting to different nics, so I can get a gig throughput to each of my switches....

DHCP Server problem! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all the Experts, I have a DCHP Windows 2000 server with 2 NIC... one is connected to the DSL modem, the 2nd one is connected to the HUB. Of course I have a Verizon online DSL with A Dynamic IP address and share it with 3 windows 98 clients via a HUB. My problem is my DHCP server assign an...

DHCP servers [ 2 Answers ]

Why do DHCP servers have static IP addresses

Lap-top monitor renewal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there: I had a tarffic accident this summer, which basically led to the braking of my lap top. My lap-top is an old Toshiba notebook CDT-620. Does anyone have an idea how much it will cost to get a new monitor? Cheers Marko

View more questions Search