Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandamcw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Removing black hair dye
    My hair is naturally a light ginger or strawberry blonde I have been dyeing it black for I can't believe its been this long about 6 years. I love it but am worried about what I'm doing to it.

How can I get the black out and dye it a nice red colour without having to go through an odd looking stage. I can't go out with roots showing I just can't I have to go to work and can't look odd.

I don't know if I should attempt bleaching myself or go to the hairdressers any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 16, 2009, 09:26 PM

Use ColorFix, Color Zap, Color Oops, Igora Phantom, or Paul Mitchell BackTrack to remove the artificial haircolor pigments, then bleach it or color it.

Post here for support and information on how to do it:

Bottle Blondes Board

(They answer questions about red, also).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Black Hair Dye [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a natural redhead. I have been dying my hair black for a very long time. I finally decided that I'd like to be a redhead again. I used the color fix color remover the other night and it didn't do much. My roots are now my natural color, but the rest is just a lighter shade of black. I'd...

Removing Black Hair Dye [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have dyed my hair black for about two months but I am ready to go back to my natural brown color, I have not dyed it for over a month so my roots are getting very big and there is a lot of brown coming out in my hair. I can't wait to grow it out it takes to long, but I also don't want to...

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

REmoving black dye [ 3 Answers ]

About a year ago I died my hair black and now I want to dye it chocolate cherry but it won't take, is there anything I can use to remove the color without having to use bleach? I heard of a Loreal Color Zap, does that work? Will it damage my hair as much as going to the salon and having them...

Natural black hair that's dyed black, how can I lighten it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi im new to this! Ive been dying my hair black for about 2 years. My hair is naturally very dark brown/almost black already. Id really like to color it a light brown. should i strip my hair color, then proceedto try a light brown? thanks so much for any kind of help!:o

View more questions Search