Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgeja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Paying rent
    Do I need to pay rent on a foreclosure house even if I don't have a lease and I plan to move by the 21st and should I get my deposit by and how do I go about it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 07:31 PM

Unless you live in California, yes legally you are suppose to pay for the rent if you are living in the home. And you are still obligated to give notice, I will assume you gave a full 30 day notice or other if required.

You should get your deposit back if you leave the home in proper condition and also of course gave proper notice.
    ** sadly if they are losing the home it is likely they don't have the money, did they put the deposit into a separate bank account, many states require that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant paying rent tax [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved from Tucson to Phoenix and am renting an apartment. On my lease, I am being assessed a 2% tax every month on top of my rent. Can I itemize this monthly assessment and claim it on my taxes as I do with my mortgage interest?

Very late on paying my rent [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any State or local agencys that can help me pay some rent payments, before I get evicted, been laid off almost 4 months. In the state of Ohio

Non-tenant paying rent [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a specific law in California that prohibits landlords from accepting rent from a non-tenant? Converseley: "Jim," who's not on a lease, moves in with "Jane," and pays rent (through a check in "Jim's" name). The landlord accepts this rent for 8 + years. Does "Jim" have the same legal...

Paying Rent [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just curious, in my lease it says that my landlord will collect the rent of the first of every month, well it's nearly halfway through January and he still hasn't come to get it. Is it my job to go to him and say here's the rent, or can I just wait for him? (I've had to chase him down every...

Eviction and still paying rent? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is living in a crappy apartment that she is to pay 650 dollars a month for. Her and her exboyfriend are on the lease but he doesn't pay his half of rent. The landlord told her that if she payed 325 of it she could just move out. Now she is saying that she is going to evict her and she is...

View more questions Search