Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RachelandChris Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2009, 03:48 PM

Yeah, at my school? NO way! Where can I?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 03:51 PM

Well I am surprised, but maybe I shouldn't be, but why isn't this information given out when you had the abortion?

What is the problem with talking to the counselors at your school? They would be a good option. What about talking to your parents, telling them you would like some counseling.

Feb 16, 2009, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Well I am surprised, but maybe I shouldn't be, but why isn't this information given out when you had the abortion?

What is the problem with talking to the counselors at your school? They would be a good option. What about talking to your parents, telling them you would like some counseling.
    I am already accused of cutting myself at my school. Being accused for being pregnant won't help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2009, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelandChris View Post
    Well they did give me instructions, but I didn't listen. And I can't call them because they are closed. anyway I just want to know what I can't do
    They didn't give a printed sheet? So you don't do anything strenuous until you can contact them.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 03:54 PM

That's a good question. What's wrong with the counselor at school? What about the one at the abortion clinic? You can talk to them when you go back for your check-up.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 03:57 PM
    I am already accused of cutting myself at my school. being accused for being pregnant wont help
    Who would know and accuse you of being pregnant? Who would tell anyone else, it's a confidential meeting to get together with your school counselor.

Feb 16, 2009, 03:57 PM

Yeah I can. Counselors creep me out sometimes though, and I have big problems with trusting people
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Yeah I can. Counselors creep me out sometimes though, and I have big problems with trusting people
    Counselors are the best people to trust, there isn't a dependency, you don't see them or need to see them everyday in your life. You can spill all of your intimate secrets and they by law aren't allowed to tell anyone else anything you tell them in confidence, unless you are a danger to yourself or others.

They are there to listen and advise and see you through this difficult time in your life. It is just as liberating as spilling your guts on here except they are trained professionals.

Feb 16, 2009, 04:01 PM

Yeah. I might go see the counselor, I don't know yet.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Feb 16, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Is there a Planned Parenthood or AIDS support network in your area? I think they will give condoms for free. Please, please don't put yourself through this again. Always use birth control until the time you really want a baby. Please do a computer search and see what options there are in your area. I would think that you shouldn't participate in any phys-ed classes for at least ten days. Can you make an excuse?
    Vision Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 04:46 PM

Most abortion clinics can give you a note from physical activity from school and/or work and the name isn't on the sheet, just the doctor.

What city and state do you live in?

Feb 16, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Most abortion clinics can give you a note from physical activity from school and/or work and the name isn't on the sheet, just the doctor.

What city and state do you live in?
    I live in Sacramento, California

Really? I didn't know that I could get a note
    Vision Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 05:01 PM

Oh you can absolutely get a note.

Also, here is a link to a Planned Parenthood in your area. Search Results: sacramento (site:plannedparenthood.org )

Feb 16, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Oh you can absolutely get a note.

Also, here is a link to a Planned Parenthood in your area. Search Results: sacramento (site:plannedparenthood.org )
    Oh. Thank you so much :]
    Vision Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 11:49 PM

You're welcome. Please be smarter from now on. You're now armed with experience on what happens if you don't and information for wiser choices. ALSO, you have the wonderful big-hearted folks of AMHD! Good luck, sweetie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Here's my magical yesterday [ 6 Answers ]

Sunday, 8 June 08: My son woke and wanted to go to breakfast since we were both up and the ladies were still sleeping. I told him that I was trying to get some of the laundry done, folded and almost put away (I'm a guy and by my genetics I am limited to not completing some tasks. I can't or...

I got my bfp yesterday now I have a lot of questions [ 4 Answers ]

I confirmed it four times and I now have four bfps so its safe to say I am pregnant. I can't go to the doctor until next week. So till then what can I eat and can't eat also what's the best vitamins I can get till I see my doctor? Or should I just wait it out on the vitamins till I see the doctor?

View more questions Search