Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JenniFairy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Covering up reddish hues
    I bought a light brown hair dye with shine boosters to give my hair some oomph for my upcoming wedding. My hair is naturally a medium/dark brown. I have never dyed my hair before and was aware it may lighten a little, but was not prepared for the brassy/orange-ish hue. The dye was permanent. It doesn't look horrible (like I spent a lot of time in the sun!), but I don't like it. I would like to return to my previous dark brown. Can I recolor with a medium ash brown to correct this? Or should I use a darker ash brown, or maybe no ash at all? How long should I wait to recolor? My wedding is in 3 and a half weeks.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 16, 2009, 03:01 PM

You could try fix it at home. Green counteracts red. But if it's for something as big as your wedding, you can't really take that chance!
    Get to a salon, girl! X
    JenniFairy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic View Post
    You could try fix it at home. Green counteracts red. But if it's for something as big as your wedding, you can't really take that chance!
    Get to a salon, girl! X
    You were exactly right! I went to the salon where my hair dresser gave me lowlights to fix my crazy mistake. My hair turned out fabulous! Never again will I dabble with store bought hair dyes! Some things should be left to professionals, I was lucky this time. Thanks for your advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reddish itchy dry skin! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey buddies I don want to use any cream of cleansers help me.. I think I 've this due to improper usage of soap... It ruptures my skin.. This causes me lag in doing my work.. 1 whether soap 've to be taken foamed and then should be applied or any other methods.. 2 whether it should be...

Brownish Reddish Spotting [ 3 Answers ]

Hell, I'm 23 yrs old, no kids and have been experiencing brown/reddish spotting,I last had my period on September 26 and ended on October 1st, about 3 to 4 days later I started to have the spotting. My period has always been 4 days early every month. Ive never experienced spotting in between. Any...

Reddish brown hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I recently coloured over my highlighted hair with a permanent 'natural light brown'. As the color underneath had orange tones in it (which was the reason I went over it with brown), the colour I have now is brown with a lot of red and orange tones in it. My highlights are coming through on...

Reappearing Reddish Mark [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small reddish mark that appears for a few days to a week and then disappears for several months. The mark shows up on my lower back/upper buttox. It has appeared and disappeared 3 or 4 times now. My primary care physician looked at the mark and said she does not think it is skin cancer,...

Ash to reddish [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday, on the suggestion of some of my friends, I had my blonde hair (not natural but I've had it blonde for years) darkened by getting lowlights, close to my natural color of dark blonde. I had asked my stylist for Jennifer Anistinish light brown, bringing in a pic that showed slight reddish...

View more questions Search