Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john88 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Password history
    I Would like to know how I can find my old passwords from my email acount. My password history?

Feb 16, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Password history
    I would if someone could tell me how to find my password history for my Yahoo acount. I would like to know my old passwords??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2009, 02:45 PM

Why?
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 17, 2009, 09:58 AM

Passwords are secret because no one else is supposed to know them or be able to figure them out. What you see on TV is baloney. If you don't know the password, and can't change it with whomever is holding the account, then you're out of luck.

Feb 19, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rwinterton View Post
    Passwords are secret because no one else is supposed to know them or be able to figure them out. What you see on TV is baloney. If you don't know the password, and can't change it with whomever is holding the account, then you're out of luck.

Yes but I have the password to my account , I wanted to know if I can find the password history? The passwords I once used before.. if this is posible? Thanks

Feb 19, 2009, 05:33 PM

Again, I ask why?

Feb 21, 2009, 01:44 PM

I have my Yahoo email address for 5 years or more... I changed my password about 6 times... and I need to know my old passwords... like my password history... is it possible that I can get them back? Thanks you for your help.

Feb 21, 2009, 02:55 PM

You keep asking the same question, but you keep ignoring my question of Why?

Feb 21, 2009, 03:18 PM

Sorry about that , I did not understand. I need to try and find my old passwords to get into my old mail account.. I am a member with some clubs throw this. Which I used this address for.. because I changed my password so many times on my recent mail account I don't remember the password to my old one. I don't remember which one it is... I tried to answer the security question but it won't work... if I can get my password history back... I can get in. is this possible? Thank you

Feb 21, 2009, 04:19 PM

Yahoo doesn't keep a record of past passwords. If you can't get into an account you have to try and contact them.

Feb 21, 2009, 05:45 PM

OK... but how do I find the password history of the account that I have at the moment... I am in my account... how do I find the passwords that I used before for this account that I am in at the moment...

Feb 21, 2009, 05:47 PM

Again, they don't keep a history. When you change your password they don't keep track of old ones.
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Feb 21, 2009, 06:55 PM

If you have mozilla Firefox it keeps all that, what you have to do is go to tools on the top of the page, then options, the security, then saved passwords, then a box with pop up and click on show all passwords.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History and or haunted history records on a residential home [ 4 Answers ]

Would like to get free information re: a homes history or haunted history by researching prior tenants or owners to a property located in Vacaville, California. Address: 125 Andover Drive Vacaville CA 95687 curious as to anyone having information on suicide death at this residence. Please help.

History of sites visited if the history has been deleted. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know which sites have been visited on my PC if the history has been deleted??

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Putting a Password so history can't be deleted [ 1 Answers ]

I like to keep a check on my teenage daughter and she has just learned to delete the history. Can I put a password on this so she can't? I would need step by step instruction:) Thanks, Maciaface

View more questions Search